Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Cant spawnon a dynamic entity...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 27th Jan 2017 21:01
I have tried everything, when I set the the spawn to not spawn from the beginning the entity dosnt show up, so good so far.. But later when I want to activate and spawnon the entity it is just gone...
Something wrong with My scripts???

:state=0,activated=9:spawnon
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 28th Jan 2017 08:10
Can you be more descriptive on your exact scenario/use for this? I have tested the spawnon/spawnoff commands but they don't seem to work whatsoever. Its either the command does not work or spawn at start is a one time check and any respawns skip that value. But if you just want something to spawn when activated the spawn command is not necessary just use "spawn at start=no" and create a script/trigger/lever that activates the entity with "activateifused=" command. Worked fine for me. Just cant tell the entity to stop spawning if you have its "maximum spawn" to something like 100.
2S!K Productions
bossisly
Years of Service
User Offline
The link below is to a YouTube video tutorial on how to use the spawn delay for dynamic entities for FPS creator (classic). I hope this is helpful to you.

Best regards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ywkdq22Snmw
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2017 13:57 Edited at: 28th Jan 2017 16:23
I fixed it! Just by use the setalphafade and coloff, colon commandos

Here is the script:

:state=0:setalphafade=0,coloff,state=1
:state=1,activated=9:setalphafade=100,colon
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2017 18:18
Is this your "appear" script? If so I believe you can do withought the collision commands but its better to be safe than sorry I guess.
2S!K Productions
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jan 2017 23:56
Im just happy that I didnt need this character to move, respawn this object without "isimmobile" and the entity is halfway thru the floor...
Quote: "Is this your "appear" script? If so I believe you can do withought the collision commands but its better to be safe than sorry I guess."

the setalphafade=0 commando dosnt turn off the collison, or does it???

2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2017 19:03
Quote: "the setalphafade=0 commando dosnt turn off the collision, or does it???"

No it does not it just makes the object transparent, I was referring to the coloff and colon commands.
Sorry, I meant to say your "Start" script under entity properties. If so I believe the stock "appear2" script is very similar but checks to make sure the alphafade has been correctly set, and it runs "fpidefault 1" which lets you use a main script in case you ever need it to move.
Just add the "activated=9" condition somewhere and it should work like a charm.
2S!K Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 16:13:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 16:13:00