Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Guest book app

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Feb 2017 20:41
I have a nephew who has a beach house (I just stayed there). He doesn't get to stay there often and is quite generous letting other people stay there.
I would like to make a digital guestbook app for him. I could make one app for a tablet (the guestbook) and one that guests could download, then take pictures, record video and sound
and download them to the guestbook device.
I know there are issues transferring filed between iDevices and android. This app needs to be VERY VERY simple, just tap on a pic/video and send it to the guestbook.

Soooo i would like your advice on how i should go about this. Is it possible with Tier1 AppGameKit?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice you can give me
damothegreat
User Banned
Posted: 5th Feb 2017 20:54
hmmmm. Do you own a webserver or use one at all for your highscore tables for your apps?

reason why I ask,, I don't think its possible to send data from one device to another via this app your going to design.

What you can do though is (which leads me onto the first bit).... can retrieve files from an http site

Unless you know Tier 2 ( C++ ) and implement it in there

Sending data over two devices without security (HTTPS) is major security risk and that's probably why it hasn't been looked into.

I certainly wouldn't want data to be transferred anywhere in an open network environment - which is what your wishing to do.

Unless I have totally misunderstood what your trying to do - my downfall
Damo

blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2017 20:13
ok no worries. thanks for the tips

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 14:39:11
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 14:39:11