Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit v2017.02.28 is now Released!

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 14:07
Hi,

Today we have release v2017.02.2(beta) version on both Steam and TGC servers.

This new version of AppGameKit brings many fixes and updates. We have also changed to a new, more automated build system for creating versions.

What's new?
New Tone Mapping demo
Support for IPv6 standard
New MaximizeWindow commands
New GetGameCenterPlayerID and GetGameCenterPlayerDisplayName commands

Here's a full run down of the additions and fixes;

Video
- Fixed PlayVideoToTexture on Windows not working with WMV videos

Android
- Fixed Android export not working with Firebase if the Firebase config file contained details for more than one Android app
- Fixed exported APK crashing if it uses GameCenter commands but was exported without a Game Services ID
- Updated Ouya export for the latest icon requirements
- Removed hack on Android that was used to force the volume buttons to set the media volume rather than the notification volume, which may have been causing audio distortion
- Fixed ExtractZip not working on Android if the zip file was inside the APK
- Removed armeabi (ARMv5) binary for Android which was only used by very old devices, AppGameKit now requires ARMv7 or greater on Android. This reduces the APK size by about 4.5MB

In-App Purchases
- Using InAppPurchaseSetup will no longer display a message box if it is called multiple times in the AppGameKit player, for example when broadcasting an app multiple times

Memblocks
- Fixed SetObjectMeshFromMemblock sometimes corrupting the vertices of another object on non-Windows platforms

3D
- Added a new example project that experiments with Tone Mapping
- Consolidated OpenGL and OpenGLES files so there is less duplicated code, this should result in no visible change but may have introduced bugs

3D Physics
- Fixed 3D physics ragdoll commands reporting that a ragdoll does not exist when it does
- Fixed the skybox commands not working on some devices

Sprites
- Fixed DrawSprite not using the scissor value set by SetSpriteScissor
- Fixed sprites with multiple images not using the scissor value set by SetSpriteScissor

GameCenter
- Added GetGameCenterPlayerID and GetGameCenterPlayerDisplayName commands
- Fixed GameCenterSubmitAchievement causing a crash on Google Game Services if the value 0 is used with an incremental achievement, it will now do nothing

Input
- Fixed key presses not being recorded by GetRawKeyState when the ALT key is held down

Images
- Removed popup message when an image is saved to the device photos folder on iOS and Android

Windows
- Added MaximizeWindow command to maximize the window on Windows and Linux
- Added a parameter to SetWindowSize to ignore bounds checking so that over sized windows can be created

Misc
- Fixed HTML5 mouse wheel being inverted
- Fixed HTTPEncode entering an infinite loop
- Increased network client timeout from 5 seconds to 20 seconds
- Fixed Random2() producing too many instances of the start value
- Fixed RunApp command on Mac and Linux not accepting multiple parameters for some commands

IPv6 Support
- Added IPv6 support to all platforms except HTML5
- Any network commands that accept an IP address will now accept an IPv4 or IPv6 address
- The HostNetwork command will listen on both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses (if available) and accept connections from both
- Added GetDeviceIPv6 to return the IPv6 address of the device, it will first look for global addresses and then local ones
- Existing Android Tier 2 projects will need to add the function GetIPv6 to their AGKHelper.java file, check the template project for details

IDE
- Added a menu option in the IDE to view the AppGameKit video tutorials on Youtube
Development Director
TGC Team
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 14:39
I'm a straight, happily married man, Paul, but I could kiss you full on the mouth for adding that GetGameCenterID command...
I work full-time making games in AGK2 and DBpro. Living the dream!
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 14:57
hmmm.... Strange thing... since updating to the new AppGameKit version, the unwrapping (or possibly the lighting) on the models in my scene is all wrong. certain objects and some parts of other objects are just black. only changed to be that way after the update. Any ideas on what could've changed that and how I'd go about rectifying it?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 15:04
Did it work in the beta? Very little has changed since that version. To track it down I'll probably need a small example to replicate the problem.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 15:08
I've confirmed what it is now. It's the LoadImageResized commands. They break the textures.
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2017 15:46
FIXED! Never mind. It was me.

#TrustInPaul
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul, on OSX 10.11.6 when using SetWindowSize( 1920, 1200, 0,1 ), I get a Window with a size 1920x1222. Why?
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul, on OSX 10.11.6, SetWindowPosition seems to have 0,0 in the bottom left corner. Is that by design?
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 01:36
Quote: "on OSX 10.11.6 when using SetWindowSize( 1920, 1200, 0,1 ), I get a Window with a size 1920x1222. Why?"

Does that include the window title bar? That is extra and is different for every platform.

Quote: "on OSX 10.11.6, SetWindowPosition seems to have 0,0 in the bottom left corner. Is that by design?"

Fixed for the next version so it uses the top left corner like on other platforms. Also fixed a problem where SetWindowPosition would increase the window size slightly (which may explain the 1222 above)
Blendman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 08:32
HI

is editbox changed in this version ?

The scissor seems to not work (tested with the example : editboxes, with a very long text).
AGK2 tier1 - http://www.dracaena-studio.com
Andykn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 09:20
Hello

The Editor can not Copy and Paste with a LinuxMint Version 64 and the Video Play is not working on Linux I

Markus
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2017 09:45
after start if me enable the phone led the player ends, android 5.0.2 at Moto G
or if the led is on and me start the player and broadcast this example.
can someone confirm?

AGK (Steam) V2017.01.09 : Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit : AMD (16.12.1) Radeon R7 265 : Mac mini OS Sierra (10.12.2)
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Paul Johnston wrote: "Does that include the window title bar? That is extra and is different for every platform."

I think it doesn't include it in the size.

Paul Johnston wrote: "Also fixed a problem where SetWindowPosition would increase the window size slightly (which may explain the 1222 above)"

I think that caused the problem with the window size. Cause when I don't use it, the size seems to be correct.
RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
For Tier 2 on macOS, the Debug stuff is missing. Also, compiling the Mac template creates a ton of GLFW Keys errors even when using the bare template.

Any ideas?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2017 03:41
I'm not 100% sure the IPV6 stuff is working. My app just got rejected by Apple's review board because the IAP doesn't work when the device is connected to an IPV6 network.

Anyone else experience this?
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2017 16:13 Edited at: 9th Mar 2017 16:17
Quote: "compiling the Mac template creates a ton of GLFW Keys errors"

This was caused by the latest OpenGL 2 changes, adding the line
to the beginning of Core.mm should fix it.

Quote: "My app just got rejected by Apple's review board because the IAP doesn't work when the device is connected to an IPV6 network."

The IAP code is using standard Apple API calls, so I don't know why their own code would fail. Do they give any more details?
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2017 16:24
Quote: "Do they give any more details?"

Here's the full text of their message to me (they're always super thorough with their responses #sarcasm):

Performance - 2.1

We discovered one or more bugs in your app when reviewed on an iPad running iOS 10.2.1 on Wi-Fi connected to an IPv6 network.

Specifically, we received an error message when attempting to buy any of the Gold packs.

Please see attached screenshots for details.

Next Steps

Please run your app on a device while connected to an IPv6 network (all apps must support IPv6) to identify any issues, then revise and resubmit your app for review.

If we misunderstood the intended behavior of your app, please reply to this message in Resolution Center to provide information on how these features were intended to work.

For new apps, uninstall all previous versions of your app from a device, then install and follow the steps to reproduce the issue. For updates, install the new version as an update to the previous version, then follow the steps to reproduce the issue.

Resources

For information about supporting IPv6 Networks, please refer to Supporting IPv6 DNS64/NAT64 Networks and About Networking.

And here's the screenshot they attached
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 14:35
I still need to test this update for myself but I just needed to say thanks for the continued work you do and support you give! You guys are awesome!
Regards Sph!nx
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Mar 2017 14:55
Agreed. Very well done.
linuxluvuback
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

Whoever has the power....

Can you update the humble game dev bundle zip to this version, it is some aug 2016 version of agk 2.

Thanks... appreciate everything you guys do.

Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2017 21:12
I'm finding that I'm getting the following linker errors on the Tier 2 iOS templates (both the light and full versions). Anyone else having this problem? Seems strange to me as I can clearly see the framework both in Finder and in the Build Phases section of the project settings.
Parry
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Mar 2017 21:42 Edited at: 13th Mar 2017 21:50
The jniCompile.bat fails on "template_android_google". I have a thread here on it: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219113

Oh btw you are doing an amazing job with AGK.
Lucas Tiridath
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2017 17:46 Edited at: 17th Mar 2017 16:33
I'm getting the following linker errors on the Tier 2 Linux template.

Seems like adding -Wl,--unresolved-symbols=ignore-all makes the problem go away, although that also seems a little worrying. Is this the best solution?

Also any update the iOS templates?

EDIT: Seems like those linker errors come from having an older version of glfw installed. Note that if you're upgrading, you will need to get a newer version of glfw3 as well.
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2017 12:11
We/I can't neither load models with color or change their attributes to contain colors via the memblock commands.
I call it a bug, so please look into this thread: Load Object with Color

Using AGKv2 Tier1
U. N. Owen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2017 19:58
I've noticed that my Tier 1 compiled .EXE file has the same timestamp as the Complier does.

Is this a configuration setting or does it just do that?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2017 08:42
The exe is just copied from the interpreter-windows folder. It is already compiled and only reads your bytecode file.

This is normal.
Signature removed by mod because it's larger than 600x120... please resize and try again.
Zappo
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2017 14:17
Came across a slightly odd bug although I would appreciate someone else confirming it to be sure it isn't a quirk of my setup...

When using SetNetworkLocalFloat (Tier 1) I was setting the 'name' of the network variable to be the same as my game variable to make things easier to read. For example:

This works perfectly on Windows and Android but on iOS (a 3rd gen iPad to be precise) it causes the AGK2 player to die. It turns out to be the '#' symbol in the name which is killing it. If I remove the '#' it works perfectly:

This is the first time I have used the multiplayer commands like this so cannot say whether this behaviour is new or appeared in previous versions of AGK2.

Chart data provided with kind permission from ELSPA

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 00:13:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 00:13:41