Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Separate sun effect for each level?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 03:55 Edited at: 1st Mar 2017 03:58
Some people may have probably guessed what the thread is about ...

So, I am aware that to make a sun effect in FPSC (Like a sunset, sunrise, ... etc.) ,you will need to change the values for "lightmapsunx/y/z/r/g/b" variables in the "setup.ini" file

Now the real problem ,ladies and gentlemen ,is that this sun effect will be applied to ALL LEVELS .... Unless of course if I am wrong which I really hope ....

So, is there any way to create a different sun effect for each level? Someone asked about that before but it was years ago and FPSC may have been updated since then

And please, don't tell me to build a separate executable for each level and use external engine to build a main executable or something like that ... it would be better if there is another method .....

Cheers
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 09:25
Sorry as far as I know there is no command to change the sun values in game. But honestly why don't you just use a static light? Set it somewhere in the sky (preferably matching with skybox sun) and set the range to something exaggerated like 1000. You can even change the coloration to get the right look. You can then go into the setup.ini and change "postprocessing=" to 3 for some nice lightray effects. < This does impact performance but "postprocessing=" is configurable in game with the "setup_postprocessing=" command.

Hoped this helped.
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2017 11:07
What 2S!K said... also the command "lrayset=x" ( 0-360 ) can change the ray's angles during play.
Haven't use it in awhile, but should still work?

But the static light method works better and wont hit your performance.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought about using static lights but I wanted to be sure as the normal sun effect (directional light) is the perfect for this purpose and saves time

One more question ... lights in general (static, dynamic, sun ) don't light the player's weapon (the HUD weapon model) and it looks weird a little ... is there any solution for that?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Mar 2017 01:34
KingMassen
Quote: " lights in general (static, dynamic, sun ) don't light the player's weapon"

That depends on which shader is being used on the weapon. Not the "entity" weapon you pickup, but rather
the weapon hud. That is specified in the weapons gunspec file. See which shader it is pointing to.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, I know ... the weapon's shader is "BumbCubeReflectAlpha.fx" ... I am not really good at the shaders but does this shader prevent receiving light values or what?
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok ,all's well ... it was just that the weapon is very black LOL Ok, thank you all

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 16:08:15
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 16:08:15