Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / How to setup AGK2 for Tier 2? and need help with a error.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
What i'm trying to achieve is setting up agk2 for c++ use for some reasons but there arent alot of guides on how to exactly set this up.
First of all can i use agk2 standalone for c++ without using a different ide? And do i need to change the compiler?
Whenever i boot up agk2 the sourcefile is set to agk file instead of c++ even after changing it it doesn't remember my last settings.
I downloaded MinGW c++ compiler could someone explain how i can set this up i can't find any guides.

Also i have a odd error and don't know what the problem is the filetype is set to c++ here is the code:

When compiling i get these errors:

Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Mar 2017 18:05 Edited at: 9th Mar 2017 18:07
You need the community edition of Visual Studio, there was a really good video tutorial on YouTube from Mr Bamber himself, let me see if I can find it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMwkvCQ0910

Just take your time with the setup, you really don't want to miss a step - especially if you're unfamiliar with VS.
The code is dark and full of errors
CoreGrid
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks i got it working!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:19:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:19:23