Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Two Wisemans but I only wants to show one!??

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 9th Mar 2017 21:43
I want to hide Wiseman2 in the background until I activated the object...
I cant belive why this script only works sometimes, whats wrong?

:state=0:setalphafade=0,coloff,state=1
:state=1,activated=9:setalphafade=100,colon

Attachments

Login to view attachments
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 11th Mar 2017 07:04
I'm not sure if the screenie is of the 2nd character you want spawned? If so his spawn at start parameter is set to yes?
If I you do have it set up correctly, why don't you add "activated=#" condition in the appear/start script?
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Mar 2017 11:27
Mr Love, try to set "always active" to 1, it's may raise the cpu load, but can help.
GS
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 11th Mar 2017 15:29 Edited at: 11th Mar 2017 15:30
Quote: "I'm not sure if the screenie is of the 2nd character you want spawned?"

Its the Guy in the background, that I want to be hidden at first. And later being spawned with activated=9

Always active might work (I dont know) I will try it out, thanks!
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 12th Mar 2017 02:50
I see. As I stated in the previous post, you have his spawn at start parameter set to "yes". Change this to "No" and spawn him in as you would a standard entity.
Leaving this set to "yes" automatically spawns him in the map and runs the script which can cause problems depending on how far he is, so always active should be used in this case. Doing so only makes the character transparent and no collision until he is triggered, he is still there just not visible.
I once had a problem with my appear script ending early leaving the alphafade to random number between 0-100 giving a ghost-like appearance. If that's the case you might want to add "state=2" in the last line then use this after that line of code..
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 12:43:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 12:43:46