Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / AGK not working on Linux (Trial Version)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys,

I'm trying to evaluate a few different systems, and I noticed the Linux AppGameKit Trial isn't working. Specifically, I'm running the 64-bit version on Arch Linux, and while the IDE runs, the programs themselves do not.

They error out with the following message:

I've seen this error in 2 different spots

1. when running 'Tier1/Compiler/AGKBroadcaster64', and
2. when manually going to the directory and trying to execute the resulting binary file directly (because the IDE just doesn't do anything, not even error out).

It seems that AppGameKit is using an old version of libcurl. Is there any chance to get this fixed, or does my evaluation end here?
NGP
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2017 18:25
Hey Michael!

AGK runs smoothly under 64-bit Ubuntu, so presumably Debian and Mint are fine too. Can't speak for Arch or other non-Debian distros.
If your program doesn't compile in the IDE, it won't create a working binary. So point 2 is not an error.

There's a good chance that you're just missing 32-bit files, such as libcurl3:i386 and lib32-libcurl-compat-nostatic.
(reference DuckDuckGo search results)

If you find a fix, please post it here for others. AppGameKit is well worth your effort!
Best of luck!
AGK Linux user.
Tessellatus - a game of chance for Android.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 05:54:42
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 05:54:42