Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Image not found? Red "x" on the checkerboard. Help please!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! Im just beginning this whole process and have already hit a wall. I've tried to download multiple images from the internet and have placed them into my media file in my project and still have the same chckerbaord box in the top left corner of my "run" window. HELP PLEASE!
Here is the code Ive entered:

SetVirtualResolution(1024,768)
LoadImage(1,"happy pea")
CreateSprite(1,1)
do
sync()
loop

Ive also tried including png just incase.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Midget Blaster
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
You have to do LoadImage(1,"happy pea.png"). You need to make sure you all the letters are the same and make sure they are lower case as it says in the file.
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2017 20:09
The file itself is called "happy pea". There is no file extension. I'm not sure if AppGameKit needs an image to have an image file extension before it can load the image?

I would resave the image in an art package as a .png file, and make sure it has the correct file extension. e.g. "happy pea.png"

Then follow all of Midget Blasters advice in the post above

Hope that helps, let us know
AHappyPea
Years of Service
User Offline
That worked great guys, thank you for the help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:57:51
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:57:51