Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / App Game Kit Vs darkBasic

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 13:30
Hi All

just digging out my copy of darkBASIC when some told me that App Gaming kit was a better programming language, for people like me who have next to no idea what i am doing

so i have done some reading on both here and on stream and really not to sure what to make of AppGameKit (?)
is it any easier then darkBASIC, which i did have some success with.

any help would be great, i really dont know what area i can ask about in respect to say is it easier to do this in AppGameKit then DB so just a basic yes it easier to do most things, (or what ever you can help with.... i am rambling as i can not make up my mind if i have made any sense in this question)

Many thanks

John
=PRoF=
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 13:57
I switched from DB Pro to AppGameKit a few years ago. AppGameKit is a newer more supported product.

But as to ease of use, I doubt there is very much between them.
mesaratz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 14:33
many thanks for your reply
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 14:35
AGK can run on platforms other than windows. Data structures are superior. And I think apps run in a window are smoother than in a DB windowed application. Syntax is about the same, though AppGameKit has some naming inconsistencys that bug me.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
mesaratz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 14:56
well i liked DB but i always had problems with variables taking them from one part of the program to another ie. via a go sub/procedure (think that is what they are/were called), always seems to lose them along the way

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2017 15:47
One of the main differences is the number of example programs, videos and lots of people around to help with AGK.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2017 13:24
There's still a lot of material out there for DBP floating around the internet. I still keep my DBP section open on my website. But yea, AppGameKit has a more active community now. (and actively updated)

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 18:32:33
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 18:32:33