Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / WinXP Help, installing DBPro

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I.. have.. tried.. everything!!! haha

I'm doing a fresh install, I have no SP1 SP2 or SP3 on disk.

Went to http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/microsoft_windows_xp_service_pack_3,1.html
For SP3, installed and its bugg'e!, I have to reinstall my wifi usb stick every time I reboot.

(Dose anyone have the most up to date Service Pack, DBPro will run on? 1 2 or 3? The one DBPro would most likely run on)

System :
P4 32bit
Gforce GTX 260 PNY
DX9.0c

With just a clean install and no updates I can.. _run the IDE but no compile..

With fake SP3 installed.. _cant even run the launch.exe or the Editor.exe // not a valid win32 application.
(so I made a "(x86)" folder in "program files" folder and in it I put a "Dark-Basic-Pro" folder and in that all the files in the "install" folder.) // configuration files not configured..

I tried unlocking the .exe file, windows had a lock feature in the options for security reasons. // nothing happened

My guess, all of the install files have to be place specifying into the program files folder..

Thanks anyhow..
zero32
Years of Service
User Offline
https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=windows%20xp%20sp3
there, windows xp sp3 (and other updates) official download page from microsoft.
CodeName
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks!

I worked all night trying to get this working.. I was only able to replace the editor from a Disk installation with the free binary editor..
Got the editor going but the syntax highlight was different. Ran the code it opened a window then it closed..

I don't understand why it just wont work.

Hopefully one of you guys have had the same issue and have the solution.

Thanks again.
Derek Darkly
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2017 01:51
I'm guessing the problem isn't Windows. What/where are you installing DBP from? An old installer file, or files from the repository?
Maybe there's a second machine somewhere you could try it on?? That would possibly eliminate the Windows theory at least.
Send your parents to noisy sprite demo hell... enter the D-Zone
CodeName
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2017 03:11 Edited at: 20th Apr 2017 01:52
I have a Boxed CD-ROM DarkBasicPro.. One of The First(waiting list).. Back when it was $100.00, It still looks cool!
(I ran a fresh install no luck) (I ran a SP2 install, no luck) (SP3 no luck)

The machine I'm running, I built like 12 years ago.. it ran XP and DBPro no problem. But now I cant get it working...Upgraded - New GPU.. New CPU.. New Ram.. New HD.

I was running the binary free download.. latest. also..

not a valid Win32 application.. or not configured... is all I get.

Why is the launcher 48.0kb?? when The old one is like a few megs. : Edit // the old one is about the same, where I got that idea I don't know....
CodeName
Years of Service
User Offline
Bought Windows 10 32Bit.. Got it going!

The good old days..

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 08:53:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 08:53:23