Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Back up hoarder

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Apr 2017 20:33
Does anyone else back up stupidly...I've just deleted so many duplicates and done a mass re organisation...because for some reason I end up backing up backups to a back up computer and a backup USB Drive and just end up with countless copys of everything...which I then have to sort out to find the latest one, or I just think oh I'll save that project to look back on to improve this project lol haha
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2017 04:27
I do, but not on purpose. With my new NAS in place, I'm going through the painful process of sorting out the garbage. When I buy a new harddrive I'll just copy the old one into a folder, like "old drive", with the intention of going through it later and I never do. I'm not even sure where all my files are anymore, but there are some 20yr old files floating around somewhere.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
PAGAN_old
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2017 21:35 Edited at: 9th Jun 2017 21:39
Me Iol.... 2 months ago finally could buy myself a 6tb HGST to replace my dying 2TB as well as a few other disks that suddenley started dying... Well the 6TB one is already full.....

(funny story. I was was fearing that my 2TB was going to die soon so i took what my poor judgment claimed a decent working WD Green which was empety and i count remember why.... 2 hours and 350 gigabytes later that green harddrive mase a BRRRRIIT! PINGGGG PSHOOOOOOOoooooooc clickclick........clickclick........clickclick........clickclick........clickclick........clickclick........clickclick........clickclick........

And then i remembered why i emptied it out
Your signature has been erased by a mod

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 02:53:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 02:53:36