Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Banner Ads Refreshing?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2017 20:13 Edited at: 28th Apr 2017 21:11
Hello fellow AGK-ians.
I have some question that I think will benefit from you guys's experience.

It's regarding Admob banner ads refresh rate.
After we SetAdMobDetails and CreateAdvert, do we need to refresh the ads manually from time-to-time with RequestAdvertRefresh()?
Or can we control the banner ads-changing frequency using other methods?
Or, does the banner ads refresh itself automatically over time?
Is there any other way to control the refresh rate?
Do you guys have sort of 'best practice' on refreshing banner ads? Sort of like good refresh frequency, banner size, ect? How to adjust the banner ads to maximize profit?

I thought asking you guys will clear the fog, because after I set up my banner ads, the banner appears, but it didn't change at all. It just displays the same ads, even after waiting for like 15 minutes.
I chose 'Google Optimized' refresh rate on Admob website, so I thought it would refresh automatically, but it seems that this is not the case.
Should I use the Admob custom refresh rate, or manually RequestAdvertRefresh() within the app itself?
Might as well ask your experience on best practices for banner ads.

Here's the banner ad initialization. I placed it before the main loop.

Thanks in advance.
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Apr 2017 21:26 Edited at: 29th Apr 2017 21:27
Wait, with banner ads (Admob), the earnings/revenue won't increase unless the player actually clicks on the banner?

I sure do hope this is not the case. Chances anybody would click on them would be one in a million
hakimfullmetal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Apr 2017 12:01 Edited at: 30th Apr 2017 12:03
I did some testing. Wow, the results are grim

I tried using 'reward video' ads.
I racked up 17 impressions, but generate 0.00 total revenue.
What's going on?

Tested banner ads.
The revenue are only noticeable (~20 cents) if the player actually click on the ad banner, which will bring them to another website.
If the player didn't click on the ads, there will still be a small revenue(I think), but not very much. Or nothing at all.
They also said that in general, revenue per ads will decrease if the ads is refreshed/shown too frequently, so I guess the suggested 30-60 sec refresh rate for banner is OK. For rewarded video, they said it should be several minutes interval.

Fullscreen/interstitial ads do racks up consistent revenue per view, but not that much.

I can accept the revenues for other type of ads, but what's going on with 'rewarded video' ads?
Does this means the player will be watching the full length video, but return us 0.00 revenue, unless they actually click on the ads?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:36:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:36:26