Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Major Problem With "OpenBrowser( url )"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2017 02:54
Hi,

There is a major problem with "OpenBrowser( url )".
If the game is running as HTML5 and "OpenBrowser( url )" is used then the browser activates the popup blocker?
How can we tell HTML5 game to open a URL in *SAME* browser tab being used?
Thanks!
JeZxLee
16BitSoft Inc.
Video Game Design Studio
http://www.16BitSoft.com
Open-Source AppGameKit2 Project!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2017 07:42
I would guess the clue is in the command name; you are requesting that a browser is opened
I think the limitation is that for it to be cross-platform, it has to work technically the same way on PC, Mac, Android, iOS etc.
But maybe Paul can do some magic in a future release.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 00:47
It is nice to see some activity on the forums, but I think I'll be the one to cautiously advise that perhaps you should do some basic revision on the fundamentals.

For instance, look at how (d)HTML itself actually works.
I can think of loads of ways to do what you ask, but you really should look into the basics. As BatVink graciously suggests, the clue is in the name.
If you want a game to change the URL of the current page (I presume redirect the entire game frame elsewhere) then look at location.href() but not in AGK.. use the medium itself.
If you are going to publish games in browsers, then look into Javascript and try coding a few things from hand to see how it works then you will be in total control of your situation.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:56:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:56:45