Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [WIP] flippin' coins

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2017 16:21
Decided to take some time-out from my coin collection app to have a bit of fun making/playing a game app, flippin' coins.

Its basically tiddlywinks but using coins and if you are able to flip a coin successfully then you are rewarded with a larger value coin.

I've tried to include for a lot of players by offering coins from EU, UK and USA, - in progress.

It uses some physics so the initial placement of your "squidger" on the coin to flip and, the power you exert, and the size of coin, will affect how far the coin flips.

Here is a video so far;

Any comments appreciated.

Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 03:50
Seems rather difficult to gauge the angle and power accurately. I don't know what you could do differently though. I would also suggest speeding it up a bit, I feel like the animation is just a little too slow.

Should make like a bonus coin or something, like throw in random objects like a poker chip or a car wash token.

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 11:27
Hi Phaelax, thanks for your comments, some good ideas there.
Quote: "Seems rather difficult to gauge the angle and power accurately"
That's really a main aspect of the game. Once you "learn" how a particular value of coin flips then it becomes easier and consistent. But as soon as you get the next higher value coin, the learning has to start again. Or you can rely on luck!. If its too easy i don't think it would be enticing enough after playing just once and succeeding, whereas with some degree of difficulty it should provide both frustration and hunger to get better.

Quote: "the animation is just a little too slow"
. Now you mention it, i agree. I will speed this up a bit.

Quote: "Should make like a bonus coin or something"
I really like this idea so will introduce both a "bonus coin" and a "bogey coin". Something unpredictable.

Thank you
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2017 13:50
I've added the USA coins to the project with the EU coinage to complete.
Here are a couple of screenshots showing various coins from both the UK and USA options;

Wow the usa half dollar is big !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 06:58:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 06:58:17