Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Geek Culture / Hi Guys

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jun 2017 13:40
Hi all!
I am only an occasional stalker on this site now, I just happened to be back and thought I would check in.
Again... Hi all! It does seem slower here these days, I am also to blame as I don't blow in anymore...
Anyway, It is good to see you all still here! I will start with a Kezzla news update....
My job is really taking off and leaves little time for leisure. On the bright side I work in a lab in an industry that is very low tech, this allows me to be innovative.
Coding-wise I have been building my own lab data entry software to specifically suit my industry, people were impressed with my initial prototypes built in Microsoft Access and I am in the process of building a stand alone program to suite the needs of the company/industry(I read your mind... C# SQL and .net)
It is approaching the point of being nearly ready for in house parallel testing phase. This is terrifying because it will go from being my code baby to a live test release with all of the responsibilities associated with that... phew
But on the bright side It will make my life easier in my actual full time job. Fingers crossed.

I just thought I would pop in and share a progress update with the guys that gave me so much knowledge and guidance.
This would not have happened without you.

I have not worked on game design for a long time, but I keep thinking I need to punch out my (Secret awesome million dollar game) idea, maybe once my software is released I will have time for that.... maybe.
anyway, Hi everybody, I am sorry for being a no-show for so long. I just had very little to say.

You guys rock!

Regards,
Kezzla
To Err is Human...
To Arr is Pirate!
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2017 09:54
Glad to see you posting here again, it would be lovely to see you post here more often.

I see you are developing database software for your company; sounds like fun. I imagine that the users are pretty comfortable understanding the Microsoft Access interface and it being a potential challenge to get them to feel comfortable using a stand-alone in the early phases of implementation; although I am sure your stand-alone solution will be far more effective for the day to day needs for the business. Good luck with it.

Quote: "I have not worked on game design for a long time, but I keep thinking I need to punch out my (Secret awesome million dollar game) idea, maybe once my software is released I will have time for that."

I am in a similar situation to you, developing software, networking solutions and social media apps for my job; however this is on a part time basis so it is easier for me to work on my game. But sometimes it gets really busy and I can only work 5 to 10 hours per week on the game.

I'd encourage you to make the most of the free time when it comes to work on your game idea because life is too short. Even if it means working on the game for just 5 hours a week, the hours do add up over time. Hopefully you will get lucky, you come up with an unexpected idea or find a rear opportunity, but only if you make a start, and don't stop.
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 17:37
You plan on marketing and selling your data entry software?

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 23:51:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 23:51:19