Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Tier 1] HealthBar Include

Author
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2017 08:22
A quick and easy way to add a healthbar (or power, shield, whatever you need) to your game project, I have tried to mimic GameMaker functionality for quick prototyping

currently supports the following functions
HealthBarCreate()
HealthBarDelete()
HealthBarHide()
HealthBarGetState()
HealthBarSetState()
HealthBarSetPosition()
HealthBarSetSize()
HealthBarGetMax()
HealthBarSetMax()
HealthBarSetColor()

HealthBar.agc

Example

Hughbus
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I just stumbled on this from one of your other posts. Super useful thing that makes it a whole lot simpler to get a health bar up and running.

Thanks for sharing!
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 16:35
I missed this little gem. I will check it out today. Seems like something that would perfectly complement the game jam template I am building (hope to get back to that tonight).
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jul 2017 11:09
Well that's pretty much what I am trying to achieve, not so much a game jam template but a all round easy drop in of common components, I seem to spend most of my time rewriting code every time I open a new project and that just adds to my frustration and hence no games ever get completed so I'm writing a bunch of these includes to ease the pain! lol

If you have any ideas or interesting includes of your own I'd like to see them.
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
I wish we could thumbs up post, or give some time of positive karma without posting.
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2017 02:45 Edited at: 11th Jul 2017 03:13
I agree @Golelorn being used to the Unity forums and others in general often I start to hit the Like, Thumbs Up, Thanks button, etc and then remember there are none here.

Another thing is even tagging people in posts with the @ doesn't actually do anything. Normally that would alert the person that you mentioned them in a post. I actually sent a pm to Rick about that asking if they had any plans to add it.

They might not consider this kind of stuff important and place much more importance on the products themselves (which obviously are the focal point) but I believe it is very important. It's just simple things but it really helps to build a community. The easier and just better your forums are to participate in the more people will participate in them. And getting great discussion going around the products that is just free marketing and helping people in general including presenting a more welcoming environment for new users. When people go to the site to check out these products I am sure that many of them first thing they do is check these forums to see how active they are (that is how most people judge whether a product that looks interesting is dead in the water or something that looks like it is worth investing their time and money in) and what kind of things are being discussed and so forth. And also In time the forum pages begin to show up more and more in the search engines and that is free organic traffic. The more activity there is the more often the search engines will index the forum pages. Snowball effect.

That all being said I am enjoying the forums. Just some little things would be nice.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2021 04:49
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2021 08:30
Not trying to hijack, but here's a version I did a long time ago. It creates a glossy sprite with multiple gradients and uses scissor to change the amount. And for added effect, you can cut off chunks and they'll drop off the end.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/205506

Or an alternative for more effect, using the UV data to animate it like an apple progress bar:
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/216108
Tiled TMX Importer V.2
XML Parser V.2
Base64 Encoder/Decoder
Purple Token - Free online hi-score database
Legend of Zelda

"I like offending people, because I think people who get offended should be offended." - Linus Torvalds

PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Nov 2021 08:37
Nice, I like that glossy look.
Open Source plugins
Cl - DnD Plugin
Buy Me A Coffee

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:14:49
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:14:49