Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Tiers 2 sample code available only with AGK Trial

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

When I downloaded AppGameKit Trial 107, I was able to have some sample code for Tier 2 : for exemple : C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGKTrial\Projects\Native\Windows\Box2D - Gravity\Main.cpp which is a sample code to play with agk::SetPhysicsGravity method.

This week end I purchased AGK2 through steam, and I'm not able to find some native sample code for AGK2. I found sample code only for Tier 1 (\Steam\steamapps\common\App Game Kit 2\Projects\Physics\Gravity\main.agc).

Is it possible to use sample code from AppGameKit Trial 107 with commercial AppGameKit 2 release ?
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 03:41
Runt the IDE and select Tools/Install additional files (I think it might do this automatically the first time you run it but just in case you can use the menu to do it)
schmuck
Years of Service
User Offline
When I do that, I have 2 folders,
one projects, with Tiers 1 sample, and Libs folders, with include files, visual/android template, echo+
but no Tiers 2 sample code
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2017 22:49
It appears that they have been removed. I can see how that would make it very difficult. I know they have a guide for VS2017 on steam
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 01:50
They appear to be present on my system @ "C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\AGK2\Tier 2\apps\template_windows", they wont compile though, VC just throws a fit!
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2017 22:28 Edited at: 29th Jun 2017 22:30
Tier 2 is basically same as Tier 1. Just prefix agk:: before using any of the AppGameKit api. Of course the normal differences... semicolons at the end of statements, typename first when declaring variables, etc.

I use VS2015 Community and everything works fine. In my current game project I was building it in both AppGameKit BASIC and a C version at the same time. But I'm dropping C version going forward because this is kind of a little game jam type event with some folks on the Unity forums. So is a bit silly to spend time porting code in this scenario.

But I do plan on making at least one simple game in both BASIC and C versions (and maybe do a third port to C++ oop too) and release the source here at some point. Just because I think it would be quite helpful to many people to see the same exact game done in both AppGameKit BASIC and C & AppGameKit library.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2017 04:16
I was just thinking... it would be cool if they had an option in Tier 1 to convert the BASIC programs into C code. Not C++ oop but I mean just translate it to C and the AppGameKit library.
They are so close it should be quite easy to do so. Hmm... nope. I have enough projects going on and too little time as it is. Maybe winter time. lol
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 15:41:49
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 15:41:49