Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / Starting questions:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Probably not very starter actually. I've seen how to make the http requests via basic, and that's likely going to be my go to solution for my problem of searching through a database of 500K - 750K+entries.

I would like the game to be standalone offline as well however, so I'm curious about how long 'processing time' it would take basic to search that many entries in an array.

Is there wildcard support? For example, if the data I'm searching for with basic was '874?283' could it find an entry that was '8740283' or really any entry that matches 874(any character here)283?

I think that's all the questions I have for now.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2017 02:02
The database is remote to AppGameKit, so you make an HTTP request to get access to it.
The missing item here is what is listening to the request so it can process it and query the database, whether it is remote or local.

If it's local, you won't be making an HTTP request.

A remote call would typically be to a server side database which would use SQL to obtain the result.

If you are considering a local / offline version, then are you looking to implement a local custom database search or what? Id so, what is the local engine you have in mind?
I'm guessing you are looking for native support and there isn't any; you'll have to implement something yourself.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:26:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:26:18