Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / 17 hours in and I did it

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I bought AppGameKit Premiere bundle from steam 17 hours ago it was on sale I was able to make my first game and publish it on the Google play store.
It's nothing fancy, but still proud of it, Already thinking of what to make next.

-Brian

Attachments

Login to view attachments
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 08:25
Wow, that's a fast turnaround! Can you share the link to your app?

Well done!
Development Director
TGC Team
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 11:01
well done, I've had AppGameKit 2 years and not released a thing yet! lol, I feel shamed
ApkGames.Guru
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 12:58
Well done bszaronos, nice job
bszaronos
Years of Service
User Offline
Here is a link to the game.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycompany.Jinxie

It's nothing epic, and for my first try. It was more of a learning experience. It started out 'how can I do this' and just kept going. I would sit down to try something and next thing I knew I lost hours, but I had so much fun doing it.

I put it on google play for .99 Waiting for my millions to roll in
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2017 16:59 Edited at: 11th Jul 2017 00:01
Congrats on porting the game over so quickly!

Out of curiosity what was the game originally made in? I am just guessing the game existed previously because a review on there is tagged with "for an older version".

At any rate that is incredibly fast. Good luck and I hope your millions roll in!
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
bszaronos
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks
The game was made from scratch with AGK. Started off as a how do I do this, and just kept growing.
The from previous review was because I have already updated it twice. 1st i fixed the text for the instructions. 2nd I added a save high score feature to it.
Scraggle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 07:33
Congrats on your release.

There isn't a polite way to correct someones spelling without sounding condescending so I'll just say it and hopefully you'll take it as the friendly help that it is meant to be:
Loose = The opposite of tight
Lose = To not have something that you once did.
AGK V2 user - Tier 1 (mostly)
bszaronos
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 14:48 Edited at: 18th Jul 2017 15:23
Thanks scraggle, there is no spell check in paint.net
It could be loose as in your points were not tight and slipped down one. I'll fix it , thanks for the catch

-I've updated the app, and gave you credit for the find.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mycompany.Jinxie&hl=en

-Brian
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2017 17:49
@bszaronos

Ah you know I wondered if perhaps you had already updated it by the time I read your post and clicked over. Very well done. That is fast.

And to be clear I wasn't meaning my post in any bad way I just figured you had originally made the game in GMS, Construct or something else and very rapidly ported it to AGK. 17 hours would be fast to even do a port from such a game engine to AGK.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 22:40:42
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 22:40:42