Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / How does one add an additional page to a project? I already tried it and it didn't work.

Author
Reviewed AGK on Steam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 21:33 Edited at: 13th Jul 2017 21:37
I had a long sub-routine and I want to keep it from cluttering my main project page.

So I put the subroutine on a new page but the program did not recognize it. And the program did not do the subroutine at all.

Instead, I got an error message saying the sub-routine did not exist. Since then I deleted the project and went back to using just one page.

But I wondered- what is the correct method for adding a new page to a project?
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2017 23:56
Maybe you miss #include "FileName.agc" in your code ?

Using AGKv2 Tier1
Dybing
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2017 01:53
first, select File -> New file

At the dialog box that appears, hit yes. Then in the file window that appears, name it whatever you want, but it must end in .agc, for instance myOtherFunctions.agc

Then back in your main file/tab, at the very beginning - and using the same example as above, have the line #include "myOtherFunctions.agc"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 21:30:41
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 21:30:41