Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / F1 Help not providing examples.

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2017 18:07
Using latest AGK2 i have found that pressing F1 for help with a command has started missing the usual examples off the bottom of the web page, showing "Not Found", "The requested URL/help/comments.php was not found on this server".
I have re-installed it and even gone back a few version releases to try to eliminate possible causes but with no success.

Attached is a screenshot of what i am getting.

Can anyone help me in being able to get the full help pages showing examples which should normally appear ?

Thanks.
Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2017 00:40
Afaik the external (php?) examples have never worked for whatever reason on the offline help pages. It'd be nice if it worked ofc. One exception (that I know of,could be more) is for the "endif" command, but here the example is included on the page itself.

If you look up the online version, you should see the examples.

Also, on Linux (Mint 18.1), the "Context action" right-click don't work at all (F1 does though).
Apologies for any typos and strange grammar.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2017 08:19
Hi, this will be fixed when we release the new version coming next week. It's due to the main AppGameKit website being updated recently.
Development Director
TGC Team
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2017 11:33
Thanks both Coilwinder and RickV. Glad the problem has a resolution.
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 16:30
Hi RickV, Just installed the latest version of AGK2 but this problem still persists.
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2017 17:46
yep, still not working for me either
life\'s one big game
spec= 2.6ghz, 1gb ram, 512mb gpu, directx 9.0c, dbpro and classic
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
+1 not working here either.
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
GunnerJnr
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2017 10:55
My AppGameKit just had another update and I can confirm this is now working for some commands using the F1 help, but not for others, whether or not that is just coincidence and it used to do that anyway, I do not know.

Either way I am sure it will be fixed at some point, for now just use the live version

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 08:03
Yes try again with the small patch released soon after the first release. If still an issue report back.
Development Director
TGC Team
Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2017 11:31
Its still an issue. No change/improvement whatsoever.
Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 00:35 Edited at: 25th Jul 2017 00:38
Same here, no change.

I also found it a bit inconsistent, which seems to come from two different (offline) search pages ("search2.html" and "search.html").

When you select "Context Action" in the editor, it takes you to the "search2.html" pre-filled with the word under the cursor. But this page doesn't return as many results as the "search.html" page for some reason. Pressing F1 does take you directly to the help page for the command in question though.

If you go to the "Commands" page and select "Search the command list", it takes you to "search.html". Some commands that shows up here but not in "search2.html", are:

CreatePointLight
SetPointLightMode
SetObjectCastShadow
LoadObjectWithChildren
SetSunActive

And others. Not at all an exhaustive list, but it seems to go for some 3D commands (not all).

But all in all not a biggie, as long as you know about F1 (or go to the commands search page as above).
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 20:45
Sorry, the fix was made in the help builder but was not propagated to the main build system, it should be fixed in the next version.

Quote: "When you select "Context Action" in the editor, it takes you to the "search2.html""

search2.html is not coded into the IDE. The context action can be defined in the Edit->Preferences->Tools menu option, by default it does nothing.
Coilwinder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2017 05:48 Edited at: 26th Jul 2017 05:52
Quote: "search2.html is not coded into the IDE. The context action can be defined in the Edit->Preferences->Tools menu option, by default it does nothing."

Aha, thanks!

I don't remember setting it, but I haven't reinstalled AppGameKit lately (years?) so I may have messed with it at some point (I have the Steam version). My context action was set as:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" "file:///E:\Games\Steam\SteamApps\common\App Game Kit 2\Tier 1\Help\search2.html?search=%s"

But if I change it to search.html, it won't fill in the search field. Guess I just keep it for the time being.

Battoad
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 15:58
Hi RickV, glad you're back.
This wasn't fixed with your patch so still not showing examples.

Hopefully its just a matter of copying them to the server, but then maybe not

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 04:31:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 04:31:45