Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

2D All the way! / Spriter Pro .scon file not loading.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm working with my son to learn how to make a game in AGK2,
I'm trying to load a spriter pro .scon file I just converted from an artpack I have. I took the code directly from the SpriterDemo included with AGK.

When I run the code I see a message that says: "Error: Failed to load Spriter skeleton, no bones found in main.agc at line 21."

Line 21 is "playerThrust = LoadSkeleton2DFromSpriterFile("\media\PlayerThrust\BlueVerticalThrust.scon", 1, 0 )"

I have no idea how to go about debugging this, because I'm not familiar with Spriter Pro or it's .scon file format or how to use it in AGK. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2017 13:19
your animation needs at least 1 bone, open the .scon in Spriter and add a single bone to each animation, hold Alt and click and drag to create the bone, then when the bone is created make sure it is selected and hold B and click the image to assign the bone to the image. >> [href] http://www.brashmonkey.com/spriter_manual/creating%20and%20assigning%20bones.htm[/href]

I'll be honest, its a pretty long winded task, not many "out-ofthe-box" .scon files work in AppGameKit without some editing I have had a few headaches getting then to work and had to pretty much start from scratch making them the way AppGameKit expects them, it maybe better and/or easier to export the animation as a png
BHoltzman
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks PartTimeCoder. I'll give it a try. For something that's supposed to make my life easier it does sound like a lot of necessary unnecessary steps.
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2017 12:10
Well the thing is AppGameKit expects a standard, which is to be expected else the guys at TGC would spend all there time coding work-a-rounds for every possible configuration of .scon file, not even the guys at brashmonkey produce .scon's to a standard, for your simple thrust animation is not worth the hassle, personally I would just export a png but for more complex character animations its worth getting to grips with Spriter and making a few animations from the provided images, it can really help understand the whole process.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:14:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:14:01