Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I don't understand Spawn parameters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, so now in the level editor, I don't understand most of the spawn parameters:-

1) "Max at any time" ,"Maximum spawn" ,"number to spawn": What is the difference between these three parameters ,they seem very similar .. and is "Qty random" the random for "number to spawn"?

2) "Velocity" ,"velocity random": what velocity actually? Like when the entity spawns ,it will just execute the script ,right?

3) "Spwan Life": Is that the time from spawn that ,after it passes, the entity is destroyed?
sbegley001
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2017 04:01
I've been wondering this a long time, but for some reason never asked the forum. I've experimented with it a bit but haven't yielded anything conclusive. Anybody want to weigh in on this?
ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 5th Aug 2017 16:47
KingMassen If you look in your "Doc's" folder you will see the FPS Creator Manual.pdf
It does a much better job explaining what each of these settings can do than I can.
Note: spawn "velocity" not to be confused with "speed" setting. "Velocity" is the "speed" an
entity will be traveling when spawned ( if the script calls for it to be moving)
"Speed" setting is for it's animation speed.
"Spawn Life" the time before it's destroyed, used when you want an entity to "disappear"
after being spawned.
The "manual" does a better job explaining
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:54:27
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:54:27