Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Possible to let a Bot open a locked door?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 13th Aug 2017 06:22
Ok, I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to make a Bot open a locked door. (Well, He goes thru it anyway, but He doesnt open the door?)

2. Courld anyone here help Me to repair this Guard Bot, cause the ragdoll is not working??? (Yeah, thats the model on the picture...)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2017 07:20
It is possible, yes. But the bot must enter the door before the player gets to the door.
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
For the bot: try to remove anim11 from the fpi script
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
1) try using something like ":nearactivatable=10:settarget,activatetarget=11" and use the activation values 10, 11 for doors only (you can have activation values up to a million I think) that's what the HOLY main Dark AI script uses. The only disadvantage to it is that the enemy will open the door once it gets near ,even if he just passes by it lol That's the only idea I can think of

2) I am not really familiar with that ragdoll thing ,is it an auto-animation technique? Like instead of animating the model in a 3D graphics software ,it just auto-animates according to the environment and physics? Is that what was in Kshatria challenges game where you shoot the enemy and then it falls down SO REALISTICALLY????
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 00:09
Mr Love
This is really a scripting question, but a simple script to have a door open by an NPC

Attach to door main script, any entity with 50, door will open.
Your guard looks great Is he friend or foe ? With the hoodie/mask I'm confused
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 00:21 Edited at: 14th Aug 2017 00:29
... Also you can check that activation thing when the bot is chasing or attacking ,not during idle ,and when it can't see enemies (aicanshoot=0) ,this will minimize the chance of 'accidently' opening doors
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 13:29 Edited at: 14th Aug 2017 13:47
Thanks Guys for all help!! Maybe I can help You Guys later (If You need any help)... Just a question to ncmako "anywithin", does this mean that the door will automatic open also for the player without a key?
"Is he friend or foe ? With the hoodie/mask I'm confused"
LOL! Hes Enemy Special Police trooper at the ANTRAX prison..
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried that door thing ,but obviously Dark AI characters can't go through doors :\ ... they only stand idle as if it's an obstacle although the meshes in FPS file have names that start with "door_" ..... and sometimes they pass through walls lol
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 22:48
Mr Love
Quote: " "anywithin".... the door will automatic open also for the player without a key"

Yes, this is a very simple script so doors opens for any entity within. Sometimes that's all one needs.
If you need more control, "KingMassen's" is way better. You will need to give the door script a "target"
when that target is near, door activates...
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 08:05:53
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 08:05:53