Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / New Visual Editor Steam BETA test version

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 15:05 Edited at: 14th Aug 2017 19:31
Hi all,

TheGameCreators are close to completing a new Visual Editor DLC and plan to launch later this week.

We have 50 Beta Steam Keys available to anyone who wants to try out the current Beta build.

If you would like a key and can send us immediate feedback then please email me here; rick@thegamecreators.com with a subject line "Visual Editor Beta"

Note this is PC only at this time.
Note: You MUST own a copy of AppGameKit on Steam to trial this BETA!

Here are some screen shots;

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 15:27
This is looking super cool, can't wait for the Mac release
The Amiga and Amos were great!
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Can't wait to buy it! Looking for the mac release!
MikeHart
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
What does this editor do? Is it just an app to place sprites and Text on one screen?
Running Windows 7 Home, 64 bit, 8 GB ram, Athlon II X2 255, ATI Radeon HD 4200. Using AGK2 Tier 1.
BuccaneerBob
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 06:21
Hot-darn! This looks great!

I would love to give it a try, I've built a lot with AGKv1 and v2 so far!
Profile here
http://www.lostand2d.com/games.html

Sadly I don't have it on Steam, I purchased it long before it was ever available on Steam. I probably should crack and get it on Steam as well; the automatic updates are far easier than having to manually download it from TGC's website for each update.

This looks amazing though, very excited!

Cheers

Rob
Robert Janes (Samu Games)
http://www.samugames.com/artifact
AjiMundi
Years of Service
User Offline
Sending you an email.
Ulric Boel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 08:11
That will be a great enhancement for AppGameKit !

Email sent
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 09:56 Edited at: 15th Aug 2017 09:58
Quote: "What does this editor do? Is it just an app to place sprites and Text on one screen?"

Looking at the screenshots I can't see any place to add any code so yes it looks like another version of the placement editor.

@RickV, in the snake screenshot I can't see any option to fix the score text to screen. That seems like an important option if someone is laying out their HUD. I know the snake game is all played within the window (i.e. not on a scene larger than the window) but you've got scroll bars to move around the scene so I'm assuming you're allowing users to build very large levels. Looking at the other screenshots there's no option to fix the sprites to screen either.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 10:51 Edited at: 15th Aug 2017 10:52
can't wait to test that ! ha no.. i can't ... i don't have the steam version grrrr
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 14:05
The new AppGameKit Visual Editor helps you design your apps faster and easier! Its new drag & drop tool takes away the guess work when it comes to 2D object placement, scaling and rotation.

Key Features
Easily design your app scenes
Position, scale and rotate objects
Supports Sprites, Text and Edit Boxes
Set properties of objects (transparency, colour, physics, etc)
Multiple resolution support
Define up to 50 scenes per project
Exports AppGameKit Tier 1 Source Code
Integrates with the AppGameKit IDE

The Visual Editor imports your projects media files and allows you to drag & drop them into the main editor window. From there you can visually modify the media with controls to re-position, scale, rotate, set properties, duplicate and more

The Visual Editor provides an easy way for object properties to be set up. You simply click on an object and its current properties will be displayed; you're then able to easily change any of the starting values for that object

Most apps will have more than one game scene (main menu, game play, game over, high score, etc). This is where the Visual Editor scene manager helps you. Simply choose a scene and design the items that need to appear within it.

With the multiple resolution support you can preview how your app will look on different devices that have varying resolutions and aspect ratios. You choose a base resolution and from that the Visual Editor will re-scale and re-position your sprites across the various, different resolutions. You can also make adjustments in any resolution to ensure your app looks the best on any device.

The AppGameKit Visual Editor integrates with the Tier1 IDE allowing you to instantly test your visual projects. A project file is exported which you can then modify with your own code to bring your game logic to life

We will continue to add more features to the Visual Editor as we move forward, it will work hand in hand with the main IDE.
Development Director
TGC Team
SpecTre
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 16:44
One word Rick ----- AWESOME

This is just the thing I have been waiting for with AppGameKit to make life much easier and speed up development time on projects. Well done!!!
The Amiga and Amos were great!
Muckypaws
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes please Rick
[href]https://www.facebook.com/WonkyPix
http://www.wonkypix.com
http://www.appstore.com/jsecconsultancyltd[/href]
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks like a great way to prototype menus and levels. Not entirely sure about more until I have a chance to try it. Some questions come to mind:

-does it generate code that you need to integrate with? what happens when you change the level and regenerate the code?
-static vs moving objects?
-elements that are dynamically built like highscore lists?

Anyway. Great help for prototyping and trying out stuff. I think it would be nice to have an option for some form of output besides generated code. Maybe some tile maps or whatever that could be loaded.

Good start. Waiting to give it a try on Mac...
RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking forward to a macOS release. This should fix up AGK2's biggest shortcoming.
Qugurun
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AppGameKit
Posted: 18th Aug 2017 19:57
Please, video preview. A small example. Thank you.
https://www.instagram.com/qugurun/
pinete
Years of Service
User Offline
This looks amazing! Cannot wait to buy it.. could it be possible to share any video in the meantime?
Thanks a lot!
Dark Raven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2017 22:03
Right now I'm not sure it is in a state that would sell AGK. I like simplicity but it may currently be too simple. We should be able to use sprite sheets to create sprites instead of just individual images. Text should allow us to change font visually. I would also like to the interface to have the ability to go dark kind of like the source editor. But in the early stages I think we should at least be able to use sprites sheets or texture atlases to create sprites and that the text should be able change fonts.

I do like the added background color option. I was going to put that as feedback as I'm not much for plainness of the white background and not having to set it directly in code make things quicker.

I will finish with that this is a good start but does need to add some things in my opinion to make is a real selling point for AppGameKit to new people. It looks kind of dated. But as a person that has dealt with AppGameKit for a while I would use as anything that can speed of laying out things is always a good thing.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2017 08:47
Hi,

Quote: "We should be able to use sprite sheets to create sprites instead of just individual images"

We will support sprite sheets and animations soon after the initial release. You can be sure of it.
Quote: "Text should allow us to change font visually"

We're adding this in next week before release.
Quote: "I would also like to the interface to have the ability to go dark kind of like the source editor"

I'll add this to the wish list of features to add.

Thanks for the feedback. It's likely that ideas and features for the Visual Editor will be as numerous as they are for the main AppGameKit software. You can be assured that we will develop it in the same way we have with the core AppGameKit. As Tony Robbins says "Continuous and never ending improvements!"

Rick

Development Director
TGC Team
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2017 22:17 Edited at: 21st Aug 2017 22:18
I'm really excited for this! Perhaps I'm not paying attention but I haven't found any mentioning of what it might cost. Is it known and are you at liberty to share it? Thanks!
Regards Sph!nx
MattHogan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 11:18
Thank you for the information you have provided. The pictorial information will help us to understand better.
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 13:14
Will it support percentage mode?
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 13:56
Will at any time be available on TGC
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
> Will at any time be available on TGC

It was announced that it'll launch this Thursday, August 24th. Not sure of cost.
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2017 00:50
I saw that it was for steam version. Will they have it for sale on TGC
Ham and Eggs Breakfast
The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed
AGK Community Tester
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2017 08:46
Hi,

We are releasing today and you will be able to purchase on the TGC site too.

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
Sph!nx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2017 16:31
Wow, I love and have most of your products but this price does not compute with me. Sorry guys. Hope it does work for others though.
Regards Sph!nx
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2017 23:25
Would really like to see a demo/trial version. Don't like paying for software without being able to try it out first.

Phil
DARKHALO2K
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 11:15 Edited at: 29th Aug 2017 21:35
Best of luck with the release!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 14:21:37
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 14:21:37