Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Now, how to get characters to go up stairs :s

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
It seems that characters can't go up the sairs whether with standard AI or Dark AI ,which is very weird ...

Is this just impossible or I should choose special kind of ladders? Like should I set something in the .FPS segment file to some value?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2017 22:35
KingMassen Try using "waypoints" to get characters to follow up stairs.
Here is an older tutorial just on this subject....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jybhBrorfg
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
KingMassen
Years of Service
User Offline
But waypoints don't work with Dark AI :/ ... and also, when I use "aiheardsound=x" condition and set the range to 4000 for example ,the enemy still wouldn't respond to sound except if I am very close (like 300 units close)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2017 10:44
KingMassen
Quote: " set the range to 4000 for example ,the enemy still wouldn't respond to sound"

4000 ? I believe that would be the whole map. 300 may be it's upper limit? The syntax list doesn't say.
You can use regular commands with the "ai" ones and see if it works better. Instead of "aiheardsound" try "noiseheard"
command and test. Now the player does have to make a rather "loud" sound to be heard.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 20:10:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 20:10:20