Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / @For Uzi Idiot...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey uzi, this is the only way to talk with u, and try to understand better your shader... (sorry if i bother u xD) Can u explain me what is wrong with this model and texture? Ty my friend in advice

(Wanted to try the prop_norm_spec_cube_alpha_sss_full.fx for the dynamic mode or the prop static for static obv...) but the model look without shader in dynamic and in static is fully specular.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2017 22:00
static_norm_spec uses _D2, _N and _I textures.
The specular texture goes into the alpha of the normal map texture _N, this then copied as _I because of a problem with FPSC's texturing system.
It does not need a cubemap as it uses the lightmap as one instead.

What's up with the specular texture? Where you just colour coding the pieces for reference?
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Ill upload the N and I for the static shader but i want to undesrtand why the dynamic look bad
uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 10:34
Cubemaps don't work for dynamic entities IIRC, so I made prop_norm_spec_refl_alpha.fx as an alternative.

//Textures:
//"texture_D.dds" diffuse texture
//"texture_N.dds" normal map texture, alpha is illumination (inverted, black = bright)
//"texture_S.dds" (enities) gloss map texture, alpha is metalicness (black = metal)
//"texture_I.dds" reflection texture

Here's an I reflection texture you could use.

Also the S texture only bothers to read the red channel, which is blank in your texture.
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok ill give a look to the new one shader

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 00:12:48
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 00:12:48