Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / EetaLightmapper

Author
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 19:19 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2017 19:24
Anybody know about this? Eeta Lightmapper executes every time I run a test game. That is no bother, however, when I ESC out of the test game this utility does not close because of a no-response from it. If I do a whole slew of test games (say a dozen) then there will be a dozen of these still open. It appears to be a Dark Basic Pro utility. I run Task Manager to delete them as trying to close them again will only gives me a "No Response" error.

Black Ice Mod v10.5

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit (Service Pack 1)
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 650 Ti
Driver version: 384.94
Direct3D API version: 1
Direct3D feature level: 11_0
CUDA Cores: 768
Core clock: 928 MHz
Memory data rate: 5400 MHz
Memory interface: 128-bit
Memory bandwidth: 86.40 GB/s

Total available graphics memory: 4096 MB
Dedicated video memory: 1024 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 3072 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.06.3C.00.15
When in doubt -- C4 hee-hee-hee
-Jamie Hyneman
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 20:15 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2017 20:16
This happens to me too i don't really know how to fix it

Ps: Flat glad to see u here again ^^
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 20:54
Hi there Flatlander,

I also have the issue. Right now the common thread seems to be BIM. I hope they can figure it out. For now I have to remember to close them as I go.

Brian.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 22:48 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2017 22:50
Quote: "For now I have to remember to close them as I go"

Yupper. I'm real glad to see you come here once in a while since the forums are mostly dead as the wizard in Princess Bride would say. There is a difference.

In case you didn't see another post regarding my greetings to you, I now do that here. Would you believe that I am using once again all of the software you developed. The one I use the most is Search and Rescue and TextEase is very useful for role playing.

I had was developing a level map in game guru for the past seven months. There is a lot of cool things from FPSC that GG is lacking although the graphics and terrain features are spectacular. But I have really missed the features of FPSC and now that I have been using Black Ice Mod 10.5 I am back to using FPSC. Especially since GG does not allow me to even build a stand-alone properly. I just can't use my time waiting for GG to get to where FPSC is. With Black Ice I can have super looking indoor levels without a lot of trouble. You don't have to have outdoor scenes to be perfect as long as you bring the fight or role playing indoors. That's my opinion.
When in doubt -- C4 hee-hee-hee
-Jamie Hyneman
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 23:50
Quote: "I just can't use my time waiting for GG to get to where FPSC is. With Black Ice I can have super looking indoor levels without a lot of trouble. You don't have to have outdoor scenes to be perfect as long as you bring the fight or role playing indoors. That's my opinion."

I have to agree.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2017 23:54
I'm very happy that the apps are still useful and thanks for the mention.
Quote: " I just can't use my time waiting for GG to get to where FPSC is."

I have a feeling that it will continue to be developed until it's no longer considered economically viable. Or something else comes along. History repeats itself.
We're lucky to have s4real and Nomad Soul working on BIM. It shows what can be accomplished when development is done properly.
I'll be watching your game.
Brian.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2017 00:35
@ Flatlander " Lightmapper.exe" wont close"
Yes a problem. I was able to find a solution by giving "ALL" of my .exe's in the main directory "admin" rights and also
making each "windows 7 compatible" (or win10 if you have) (the fpsc-game.exe/ editor/ lightmapper...ect all of them)
That solved mine...but some others ( including Xplosys ) it didn't seem to help.
So I just remembered Snake675 with same problem, If you want, go to page #7 on the Black Ice mod thread (28th July 2016) he said...
"For the problem with the lightmapper window i found a solution: in properties of "LightMapper.exe" set the check "Disable desktop composition", done.
See if that helps
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2017 01:20 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2017 01:28
Hi ncmako and thanks again for passing the info.
Quote: "solution: in properties of "LightMapper.exe" set the check "Disable desktop composition""

... is not an option in my Win10 properties dialog. I don't know what OS Snake 675 was using.
Brian.

EDIT: I went back and checked the options again and found that Windows 7 compatibility mode was unchecked. (I thought I had that set? ) Anyway, that seems to have fixed the issue. I'll keep an eye on it.
Flatlander: Make sure LightMapper.exe has admin privilege and set compatibility mode to Windows 7. I hope that works for you.
xlghostlx
Years of Service
User Offline
Im still on Windows 7... How i can fix it?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 23rd Aug 2017 10:04
Welcome back Flatlander... Gameguru courld have been awesome if it just had about the same AI as in FPSC.. But that will never happen, the gameplay will never get close to FPSC, and thats sad. Perhaps FPS Creator 2.0 or maybe 3.0 compatible with old FPSC will be a reality some day, I hope...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 17:08:58
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 17:08:58