Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / How to do this for each weapon has its own death animations zombies ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi
How to do this for each weapon has its own death animations of zombies (axe-chopping off the head, the gun-breaking of the head) ?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 22:34
nnn Which zombies? From a model pack. It could be done, but that would require custom animations.
Quote: " axe-chopping off the head, the gun-breaking of the head"

Now something easier would be to make an "alt-texture" when the zombie receives damage
the alt-texture would kick in...just a thought or you could use "limb detection" so when you
hit/chop the head the texture would switch.
What I mean by "alt-texture" is taking the original and "masking out" the head area. (so the head-texture area is missing)
Save that with a unique name, and add it to the characters .fpe file. (alttexture= Name Of File)
The command to use is "alttexture=1" in the characters script. Use together with "rag doll" and you should have a nice zombie death ?
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
nnn
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, ncmako, I will try something like this.
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 30th Aug 2017 18:44
ncmako is right, if you want every death scene to be different based on the weapon you will need to make animations for each type of death and call them via AI.
Im not quite sure the altTexture solution would work though as it only lets you use a preset texture which would only be good in one type of situation such as headshot. Unless you are able to use "alttexture=filepath" for multiple????

I havent used the following commands/actions in a long time and cant remember if they work 100% but try using :
SHOTDAMAGETYPE=X (1-6) limb #: such as 1 for head or 6 for right leg.
then use the action HIDELIMB=X (1-17) limb # with 1 or 5&7 to hide the head or upper and lower right leg. As if it was blown off.
Maybe put some BLOODSPLASH=X or BLOODSPURT=x to hide the limb as it is blown off and SHOTDAMAGE=X to only take off the limb if damage exceeded x so that your not blowing the characters leg off with a spoon or somethin.

Anyways good luck, hope this led you in the right direction im eager to see how this works. If you cant accomplish it let me know I just may work on this for my project.
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions
nnn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2017 08:47 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2017 08:53
2S!K and ncmako , I don't think this is the best way to do it, it may be better to use disapperactivator command ?

ncmako
Quote: "Which zombies? From a model pack. It could be done, but that would require custom animations."
in what pack I can see is to do something like this ?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2017 11:09
nnn Well the zombie packs are gone now. There's one in the scifi folder/pack I think.
If you have GameGuru I believe it has some.
The alternate texture command "alttexture=x" can be used on any model. It's when the
character (model) receives damage, the script changes the texture for the character.
The new texture would be missing the head part
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
I remember working on this type of thing in my old game resident evil project 42 - a fan made game. I'll see if I can scrap some old scripts from that game for ya
Anthony Gonzales

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:56:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:56:28