Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Raspberry Pi Board? Hwo to get AGK to work on a Raspberry Pi Zero W?

Author
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2017 10:58
I have a Raspberry Pi Zero W, (two of them), and tried to get AppGameKit programs to run. I am using the Raspbian with AppGameKit for Raspbian. And the editor works great. And also the compilation. But no AppGameKit compiled program starts. Do I need to install some libraries? My graphics memory is changed to 128 MB, but I tried also 64 MB, 256 MB, and also GL Driver Fake, GL Driver noFake, No GL Driver, but the compiled programs do not start. (the Pi Zero has only 512 MB in total, but an apple iPod Gen 4, has also only 256 MB, and can do 3D)
But I can't get anything to work. Not a simple "Print".

The only "game" on Raspian is "Minecraft". And I wanted to know, how much could be work on the VideoCore IV with about 24 gflops. I know, that the OUYA has only about 12.5, I think, and AppGameKit apps for android works great on OUYA. But the OUYA has a Tegra3 chip. So maybe you can't compare these two. I don't know, because I did not get it to work.

The thing is, there are a lot of Raspberrys out there, more than OUYAs, I think, maybe not more, than Tegra3 Chip smarthones, I don't know. I would like to see more technical support in the Raspberry board, maybe also for other technical problems with OUYA or some Android/Linux problems.

Thanks.
Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2017 17:10
If you run the compiled app from the command line do you get any error output and does anything at all appear on screen? Note that if you are using the Raspberry Pi through a remote desktop then you will not be able to view the OpenGL app, it will only be visible on a monitor plugged into the device itself.
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 01:12
Raspberry PI support great. No full screen? Useless to me.

Paul Johnston
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 01:41
The Raspberry Pi version should support full screen, haven't tested it in a while though.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-03 08:47:36
Your offset time is: 2024-05-03 08:47:36