Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / X Model Viewer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 04:50 Edited at: 29th Aug 2017 05:03
Does anyone have a working X model viewer for win10? All the old DB based viewers won't work.
EDIT: I need one that allows me to select a texture.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 05:03
Hello, could Fragmotion or DarkShader suit your needs ?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 05:15 Edited at: 29th Aug 2017 05:32
I don't know. Do they allow you to load an X model and select a dds texture?
I'm working on the subway car and I when I paint the UV map, I like to have photoshop open in one window and a viewer open in another so I can instantly see my work. Otherwise I have to keep importing to FPSC to check what needs to be fixed.

EDIT: Tried Fragmotion 0.9.6, It doesn't open or import X or ms3d files.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Madcow02
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 08:27 Edited at: 29th Aug 2017 08:30
Fragmotion and MS3D BOTH import/Export in ms3D and X (see attached)
I'm using Fragmotion 1.2.6 and Milkshape 1.8.4

BTW for the train car, do you think you can make a version of the texture without any kind of shading and lighting on it ? (I'd like to use the model with shaders)

Attachments

uzi idiot
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 12:22
Does the old DirectX SDK Utilities model viewer not work?
If something compiles on the first try. Something is terribly wrong.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 12:58 Edited at: 29th Aug 2017 13:01
I can view X files with multiple programs I have. The problem is that none of them allow me to apply a texture. I Use MilkShape 1.7.1. If there is a way to apply my texture to the model and view it in the editor, please let me know.

Quote: "BTW for the train car, do you think you can make a version of the texture without any kind of shading and lighting on it "

Sure.

The DirectX viewer shows the models just fine, but again, does not apply the texture.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 13:58
for non animated models, i use truespace 3d. you can link it to photoshop and keep updating your texture without going into fpsc.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 16:21
Thanks seppgirty, someone finally understands what I mean.

Hats off to Bullshock, his FPSC Toolbox still works! It doesn't have much in the way of viewport or options, but that's not what it was made for, and it's usable. Now I can see that I have to go back to the start in both model and mapping. Good practice.

Brian.

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 16:24 Edited at: 29th Aug 2017 16:28
It works fine with FragMotion xplosys, You just must do something wrong. Open the model and texture, when You want a new texture, just open the texture over the old one...
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2017 16:58
Mr Love,

Perhaps you could be just a tad more specific? I'm not experienced with FragMotion.

Attachments

seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2017 00:01
I have a few fragmotion tutorials on my website for download. http://chaosbrosfilms.com/
Go to joe's page and scroll down til you see the tutorials. (right click to save.) The" assign texture to model" tutorial will give you some information. If i have time, i'll make a video this weekend.
gamer, lover, filmmaker
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2017 03:26 Edited at: 30th Aug 2017 15:50
Thanks for the tut. I was able to follow it step for step but it doesn't apply in the trial version. When I try to assign the texture it goes to "Buy Me NOW!" mode. LOL
Tired. I'm going to take a few days off.
Bye.

@seppgirty,
Just so you know, it works after registering the program. Thanks again for the helpful tut.
Brian.
seppgirty
FPSC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2017 22:42
Quote: "Just so you know, it works after registering the program. Thanks again for the helpful tut.
Brian."

No problem bud.
gamer, lover, filmmaker

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:13:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:13:44