Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Problems with the Footsteps custom sounds error :(

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Guy's! i was about the change the custom sounds for my player since it will have custom footstep sounds

but when i start the test level! it give's me a runtime error! please help!

i need the custom sounds
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 1st Sep 2017 00:11
Make sure your sounds are using the right file format, I believe they can be .wav or maybe even .ogg? A runtime error can also be caused by not being able to find the file so make sure the directory is correct.
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions
M Team Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks! but how do i do that
2S!K
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Working on "This Is Home" an FPSc project
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 07:59 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2017 07:59
The easiest way would be to go into your audiobank->materials folder and then change the sounds out for the ones you want. Simply name it the same as the one you want to replace and make sure its in the .wav format.

Pro Tip: And if you want additional sounds without replacing the old ones just add the sounds in the folder. Be sure to keep the same style and use multiple (A1-A4 for variation),(S,I,D for scrape impact and destroy sounds),(and the number preceding the names). Then you scroll down in the
materials folder till you find a text file called material default .text, where you also add the names in the sense they do. Be sure to update the material max field at the top.
You can now use your custom sounds when creating a segment.
As always, Game on! -2S!K Productions

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 10:46:09
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 10:46:09