Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / How to set the online documentation as default in AGK editor?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2017 08:57
Hi,

Dunno if asked before, but couldn't find it anywhere, heregoes:

Is it possible to show the online documentation as default when highlighting a command and pressing F1, instead of the local version?

I'd prefer this as it is the latest version with sometimes helpful coding examples.

Kind regards & thanks,

Rick Nasher
*Ex-Blitzer*
GarBenjamin
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 15:55
I don't know how to make ide use the web docs i just have it bookmarked. BUT I think it would be awesome if they just included those web docs as the local help which are just web pages as well so seems fairly straightforward.
TI/994a (BASIC) -> C64 (BASIC/PASCAL/ASM/Others) -> Amiga (AMOS/BLITZ/ASM/C/Gamesmith) -> DOS (C/C++/Allegro) -> Windows (C++/C#/Monkey X/GL Basic/Unity/Others)
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2017 18:29
Indeed, would be cool. I 'd say:
Let the editor check if the online page is available, if not then show the local page?
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2017 15:10 Edited at: 11th Sep 2017 15:15
Hey nice idea,
I often need the Online docu to point someone of our beloved community to the right command and most of the time I first go into the AppGameKit IDE and from there to the command
I think I have a solution:
In: App Game Kit 2\Tier 1\Help\
You could create a shortcut called "home.html" which then passes you to the website. You would need to do the same for more files.
And in the same folder you find a txt file called "keywordlinks"...well im sure you can just change the links to the Online docu.
This is much to change... thats why I have no solution attached as a zip
Rick Nasher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 22:38
Hey-hey-hey. Totally missed this reply. Indeed bit labor intensive for a solution but would indeed work.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Sep 2017 10:53
Build a small tool that converts local help files to shortcuts to online documentation?
13/0
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2017 16:13
Hello I have made a small tool that creates local .url files for each local .htm and .html file, it creates a backup of keywordlinks.txt and corekeywordlinks.txt then alter them to point to the new .url files. It is made with DarkBASIC Pro. Source included. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Run only from AGK2 TIER1 HELP folder.

I have tested on my own AGK2 install. Could someone check the source or test the app? Upgrades and improvements are welcome, this is now open source software

Should I post this app elsewhere on this forum?

Cheers

13/0
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2017 19:09
Did I forget to attach a zip file? I can't see it on my cell phone browser.
13/0
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Sep 2017 21:53 Edited at: 28th Sep 2017 17:31
I did forget, the zip file is now attached. I forgot to click upload after choosing the file :-P

EDIT: It is Windows only, probarbly requires DirectX 9 as this was made with DBPro.
13/0

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2017 10:04
Does nobody need this tool? I can remove the code that can delete files (only .url files are deleted if they are already present).
13/0
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 10:16
@Cybermind, in the latest version of AppGameKit when I press F1 it opens the online help and opens the page matching the keyword your cursor is on so assuming the tool isn't needed.

Of course if you're working offline these pages won't load.
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2017 17:54
@Kevin Cross - Mine opens a local html file in a browser.
13/0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 14:46:57
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 14:46:57