Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / How to change textures on walls and floors?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Far Cry 4
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 10:03
Hello, sorry for a question that might sound obvious for a lot of people around here, but how can i change the textures of walls and floors?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 15:01
Hi MindKill,

What is never obvious is a persons experience/expertise with both FPS Creator and Windows. The answer to your question is in your question. The easiest way to change textures is to change the textures. Find the texture you want to change and either alter it using a graphics program or replace it with a different image file. What we need to know is what part exactly you need help with; finding the texture files and directories in FPSC, opening and altering texture files (.dds), swapping and renaming files in the Program Files directory (permissions), clearing FPSC memory (.dbo and .bin) files after making changes. Once we know where you're at, it'll be simple to help.

Brian.
Characters. You build them a world and what do they do? They moonwalk, get stuck in the walls and fall through the floors!
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 7th Sep 2017 20:21
Use Modelmaker 2.0.7, or the classic segment editor, that You can find on the open source site I think... Its also a program with name Firma that can create segments easy......

MindKill
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Far Cry 4
Posted: 8th Sep 2017 00:22
Quote: "Its also a program with name Firma that can create segments easy"

I found Modelmaker, but the download for it is gone, can you send me a link to Firma please?, i canĀ“t seem to find it.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 8th Sep 2017 23:14
It wasnt very hard to find! You can download it at fpsfiles.net
Use Google next time....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:41:57
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:41:57