Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / AGK remembers the last size and does not revert back to SetVirtualResolution

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have only had this happen twice. The first time - I restarted and it fixed it. This time I can't fix it. It is not defaulting to the setvirtualresolution when I hit Run. Its goes back to the last screen size when I exited the last Run. Unfortunately, most of the time that is minimized. So there is no screen.

I am assuming I accidentally hit a hotkey that turned this option on. Any help?
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2017 12:21
You can use SetWindowSize( X , Y , fullscreen toggle) at the beginning of your code, this will give the window a default size on start
13/0
Golelorn
Years of Service
User Offline
I have to do that, so thank you.

But it still doesn't explain why this suddenly started to happen after 8 months of use. I think I accidentally hit a shortcut key to turn some weird setting on that makes AppGameKit remember the last window size. Why doesn't it recognize the virtual resolution?
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2017 18:42
I actually consider that a feature and a very handy one, its useful when debugging and needing access to the IDE for skipping breakpoints and viewing debug data, not have to resize and move the window every time I debug the app, its easy to reset everything after.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 10:18:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 10:18:19