Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS App Images Missing In TestFlight

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So I have an app that uses a bunch of PNGs... app runs great in a PC and great in a Mac. However, after exporting the app out of AppGameKit and uploading to the Apple App Store and bringing the app into the phone via TestFlight... something goes wrong. Most of my images in the app turn into red x's and aren't linked. Not sure what it could be because some images do come through... and there is nothing different about the images that are displayed compared to those that disappear. Any thoughts? Also, my music doesn't play on the Mac AppGameKit in the computer when testing my app, but plays on the PC AGK. Any thoughts on that too?
smallg
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2017 13:57
on mobile you must match all letter casing exactly, so check file names and extensions
life's one big game
spec= 4ghz, 16gb ram, AMD R9 2700 gpu
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
That's a good call out. Thank you! I'm gonna check later on today and report my findings! Any idea with the music?
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
So, I gave everything a look.... names and extensions are proper as well as paths to find the media...any other ideas?
ghzero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2017 09:44
my mistake in the past to that issues was:
my fileextention was in captial letters, works fine on windows, but not on mobile.
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply. Checked my extensions, they look good. Any other ideas?
Ian Rees
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2017 14:10 Edited at: 18th Sep 2017 15:01
My game works fine in TestFlight - complied and exported with the latest version of AGK. All images, sounds and music show and play as expected.

As a matter of interest - when you broadcast the game using the AppGameKit Player on your iOS device do the images display correctly? Using the AGKPlayer may be a good way to trace the issue.

Edit:
Just to add that I am having trouble with the AGKPlayer (and TestFlight version of my game) on a device running iOS 8.1.1 but that's a separate issue. The game runs fine in the AGKPlayer and via TestFlight on my devices running iOS 10.3.3. I have reported this issue.
E
Braj
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm gonna give that a try later on and let you know my findings. Thank you!
tmu
Years of Service
User Offline
broadcast player always good to try before testflight etc. apple store is lot of effort to upload all versions to test.

are your png's and music all in the media folder? using any paths? what format is the music? what command you use to play it? to load the png? if you remove all else and just try to load the same images and play the music in a separate project do you still get the issues?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:08:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:08:25