Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Scripts / Strange waypoint issue.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 04:38 Edited at: 25th Sep 2017 01:11
Hello! I recently made a script so an entity can follow a waypoint around the map and if the player is spotted it will then chase the player. I had just tested it out and for some odd reason the entity that I was using just randomly stops while playing the walking animation and will continuously walk back and fourth. Still don't know how to use code snippet sorry.

ncmako
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 20th Sep 2017 11:20
frenchpapa
Quote: " the entity that I was using just randomly stops"

Is it a custom made character or a stock one ? The waypoints should work ok, I would place all
the "waypoints" at the top of a script just to keep it organized. What are you trying to achieve with the script?
Follow waypoints and when player gets close, chase player? Does this character have a weapon or is it melee?
Also when you use the "music" command, to change the music after that one must use the "musicoverride" command.
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 08:09
frenchpapa wrote: " Still don't know how to use code snippet sorry."

Just highlight the code within the editor and at the top of the editor box click on "Code." You will then see a drop down menu and click on "VB;" or "Misc Code." See attached images.
THEORY - you know everything but nothing works. PRACTICE - when everything works but don't know why.
For me, theory and practice are combined: nothing works and I don't know why.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
frenchpapa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 22:33
Thanks Flatlander!
frenchpapa
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Sep 2017 22:38
And I should say that this issue has been fixed. Thanks for trying to help ncmako! I fixed this by updating my fps creator version, I do not know how it was fixed but it was.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 19:52:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 19:52:00