Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AppGameKit Visual Editor - Mac

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
A Mac version of the Visual Editor has been released today on Steam. Anyone who has purchased the Steam version can now download this.

Please bear in mind this is a test version so there may be some issues.

If you encounter any problems please let us know so we can get them sorted.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2017 16:43
Hi,

We have also released a Mac Visual Editor BETA to TheGameCreators customers (see your order history)

Rick
Development Director
TGC Team
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2017 01:52
going to try it now thanks !
--------------------------------
Join us on dedicated AppGameKit WeeKChat :
https://week.chat/room/AppGameKit
ShaunRW
DBPro Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2017 13:15
The 'Open project in AppGameKit IDE' button doesn't seem to be working. I get a "Unable to detect AGK. Do you want to set the installation path for AppGameKit?" error message. I tried setting it to "/Users/<my username>/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/App Game Kit 2", but it doesn't want to work.
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Rick! I will definitely check this out!
RobbSnow
Years of Service
User Offline
Having a macOS version is the reason why I purchased.
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 22:51
No matter what sprites or resolution I try, all I get is a blank screen whenever I run my visual editor project. I tried just putting one sprite on the screen, saved it, reloaded in the AppGameKit IDE and when I run it, I just get a blank window. I've deleted the project and recreated it from scratch and still get nothing. Haven't added anything the AppGameKit project file that was created by the visual editor.

I know its not much to go on, but any ideas? Running OS X 10.12.6 and latest AppGameKit and Visual Editor from steam.

Phil
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2017 23:54
Update - I tried running the JewelGame example project and also got a blank screen.

Phil
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
pjsmith67, there are a number of demo projects that come with AppGameKit. You can find these in steamapps/common/App Game Kit 2/AppGameKit.app/Contents/Resources/Projects. In here you'll find a folder named Sprites. Please can you try a few of these projects and check whether anything displays on screen.
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2017 21:40
Yes, the sample sprite project works, but the sample visual editor projects still show a blank screen.

Now the weird part is that it works on my Mac Pro desktop. Just doesn't want to work on my MacBook Air laptop. Both are running OS X 10.12.6

I'll try reinstalling AppGameKit from my steam account on my laptop.
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2017 23:54

I deleted and reinstalled everything but still getting a blank screen with Visual Editor projects on my laptop. No idea what's going on but I'm not sure its an AppGameKit issue.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you try adding this line to the top of main.agc -

SetErrorMode ( 2 )

It may help to point out a problem with something not loading.
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2017 18:53

I set the error mode and didn't see any additional errors. Now it does work when I broadcast the output to my android phone. Something just doesn't like me on my laptop. :-(
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
pjsmith67, I have sent you a PM with my email address. Probably easier to deal with this through email as I can send you some test projects to try out that help us figure out what is going wrong.
Richard_6
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello! I just purchased the Editor and I'm also getting a blank screen, not even showing the resolution I did set up. Any clues?
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2017 21:27
Downloaded the new version and immediately hit a show stopper. The compiled projects will only show the last line in a multi-line text field. This worked in the previous version

Phil
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Oct 2017 21:56
Ok, I found the problem in the scene loading code for loading multi-line text fields.

Another serious issue is that that the visual editor uses a LOT of CPU cycles on my laptop. After about 20 minutes of usage my laptop fan comes on and the CPU usage is over 75%. That will eat up my battery when not plugged in.

Thanks,

Phil
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
pjsmith67, some changes were made in the Visual Editor template project files, please copy these across to your projects. You can do this automatically by going to the Edit menu, selecting Preferences and ticking the check box to auto update Tier 1 (happens when you press play). Alternatively look in Visual Editor/Projects/Template and copy VisualEditor_globals.agc, VisualEditor_load.agc, VisualEditor_scenes.agc and VisualEditor_utilities.agc to your project.

Richard_6, are you able to create a new project or open one of the examples (found in Visual Editor/Projects)?
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Oct 2017 15:37
Unfortunately that doesn't work as it keeps saying it cannot find the AppGameKit installation. I have tried multiple times to set the path in preferences but it won't save it.

Phil
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
An update will be provided on Friday that deals with the preferences issue. Will also try reducing the update time, so it should use less CPU.
Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
A new version of the Visual Editor has been released. It ensures the preferences are saved out and reduces CPU usage. There's still more work to be done on reducing CPU usage, but this should hopefully help a little. Steam users will get the update automatically. Everyone else can find the new download in their TGC account.
Te
Years of Service
User Offline
Hm.... the editor will still not save the set AGK2 Install location..

I keep getting the "Unable to find the AGK2 Installation. Do you want to set the installation path for AGK"

Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2017 16:50 Edited at: 4th Nov 2017 17:20
Te, when you set the path make sure you select the actual AppGameKit app, not just the folder e.g. /Applications/AGK/AppGameKit.app
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2017 19:06
I logged onto Steam today, and it downloaded something, but the Visual Editor is still dated 10/27. V1.0.2

I even tried reinstalling from scratch and it still says 1.0.2

Phil
pjsmith67
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Nov 2017 19:20
Spoke too soon, even though the version number hasn't changed, it looks like at least the preferences bug has been fixed. CPU cycles are also lower but still needs some work.

Phil
Te
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the hint,Orvillian!

That fixed at least the reoccurring Message.

Unfortunately , when i e.g load an Demo project followed by pressing onto the "open in AppGameKit IDE" button, nothing happens.

I tried closing the AppGameKit IDE and restarting over the Visual Editor IDE but have the same result.

-T.

Orvillian
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Forgot to update the version number when building. Sorry about that.

More work will be done on lowering CPU usage in the future.

There is a problem with spaces when trying to execute a file. As a workaround for now make sure the path to AppGameKit has no spaces.
spaceName
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2017 06:07 Edited at: 27th Nov 2017 06:10
combining this coupon code with the Black Friday sale.. Visual Editor = $17-18 usd
promo code: GFSVE40

Bob Sherman
Years of Service
User Offline
This is what I meant.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Abdou1234
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone im new in AGK2 i ready buy the Visual editor from steam ,when i press the start button in the visual editor nothing happen i ready tryed deferent path location and still have the same probleme , im using AGK2 from mac_os.
can someone help plz

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 22:35:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 22:35:29