Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

DarkBASIC Professional Discussion / So where in 2017 can I download DBpro?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I haven't been on here for YEARS and was wondering where I can get a link to get Darkbasic Pro ..Also what is the latest version?...
I had DB YEARS ago and really want to get back into it again, such an awesome program..dying to make some good stuff

Cheers All!
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2017 08:31
I'm not sure where you can download DBPro, but AppGameKit is the latest thing (since 2011).
There's a trial version, and frequent discounts on Steam:

https://www.appgamekit.com/trial
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur
TutCity is being rebuilt
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2017 15:43 Edited at: 4th Oct 2017 15:44
You can still download DB Pro from your products download page in your account. This only applies if you purchased DB Pro in the past.

All of the info you need about DB Pro can now be found on this page https://www.thegamecreators.com/product/dark-basic-pro-open-source

Please note TGC no longer support DB Pro and it has been open sourced.

As BatVink mentioned the replacement product for DB Pro is AppGameKit and you can get that from https://appgamekit.com if you are looking for a product with support.
Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked

Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 4th Oct 2017 20:30
Phodis
Years of Service
User Offline
@Kuper
WOW
Cheers for this..can't wait to install this again!!!!! THANK YOU!
Kuper
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Planescape:Torment
Posted: 5th Oct 2017 10:25
@Phodis
glad то help you
Phodis
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I now have DarkBasic and all of it's extras
Unfortunately when it was made free... they left the stupid ~you must activate via email~ part up and running, and of course no matter what I do my PC can't get thru to their website so they can email me an activation code.
I am using windows 10 and completely turned off the firewall to let the process happen, but it's keeps telling me there is a problem with my firewall preventing the process from going thru..RAGHHHH!!!!.
So disappointing. I have gotten a lot of stuff made recently in BLITZ3d (Which is awesome an I love it), and have played around a lot in Gamemaker studio 1.4...I also installed Appgamekit yesterday... but I am stubborn in the
sense that I think DarkBasic still looks like the program I would prefer to use out of all of them. Why?.. well in a nutshell the Blitz3d site is a little hard to get any real help from compared to the DB forums which seem to have a very willing
community after all these years. There is just something about the feel of DarkBasic that appeals more. I'm superficial I guess, but I like the customization of the interface way better than all of them on DB, and from what little I have seen
the code seems to make more sense to me as well.

It's not fair I'm so close!!! I can see it wants to work for me but I think I am cursed.

Now I guess I have to be doing something wrong here as I am guessing that when you guys re-install windows, you have to re-activate DB as well... Although looking around in google it appears like a fairly common problem.
Does their main site just go offline occasionally?, have I not ticked something somewhere... what is the process? ... I am going crazy here LOL ?. How do you go about it?
Any help here would really be appreciated.
Cheers guys.
zero32
Years of Service
User Offline
since dbpro is open source now, they took down the activation servers, so you cannot activate it the normal way. (the app doesn't know that and blames your firewall)
you can copy the license files from the open source archive.

try this: https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/219455#msg2601619

@Kuper thx for sharing. bookmarked the site

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:59:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:59:01