Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / Turn a night out with friends into an RPG experience with DRUNKEN HEROES!

Author
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2017 03:08 Edited at: 10th Oct 2017 03:08
Hi all! I've just released my latest game, DRUNKEN HEROES.

I actually don't drink alcohol at all, so every time my friends and I would go out, I'd be left mostly bored, so I made an app to make nights more interesting, and it worked so well that I decided to polish it up and release it.

It lets you enter in your 'party' of up to 8 players, and then act as a kind of "dungeon master" for them through the evening as they go on quests and do battle against monsters, all in the form of drinking games and social shenanigans.

The part that's probably the most fun is that the app actually narrates your entire evening. I worked closely with a local voice actor so that everything in the game is vocalised, so if you want to participate in the fun, too, you can let the phone do the talking!

You can get the game on iPhone here and Android here.

I hope you enjoy! If you like it, please be sure to give us a rating and review! It really helps, as I'm sure you know!
Help out a fellow dev! Download and rate my games! They're free!

Wizzed Off! - (Android) (iOS)
God of Thunder - (Android) (iOS)
Extreme Lawn Mowing - (Android) (iOS)

And you can get Fluffy Knuckleduster merchandise at our new store!
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2017 14:26 Edited at: 10th Oct 2017 14:28
It's not the type of game that I would want to play, but it is a good idea.

Multiplayer social games for bars can be big hits, so it definitely has potential.

The only thing is the limit of 8 players, because spectators will probably want to join in the fun.

Not sure how you could get more people playing and stay at the 8 player cap, unless you tier it.

Maybe the survivors of the first quests of multiple 'parties' could get a code (or use device ID?) that would allow them to join in a second quest and so on.

Not sure if that would be doable, but just a thought in case the whole bar starts wanting to join in the fun.

Good luck with it

Coding things my way since 1981 -- Currently using AppGameKit V2 Tier 1
CumQuaT
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2017 15:49
Actually, adding more players is easy, and I plan on doing it as an update feature. Sort of staggering functionality to keep things fresh, you know? I predict this app will get more downloads that my past apps, so I'm planning out my content releases accordingly

Thanks for the good wishes!
Help out a fellow dev! Download and rate my games! They're free!

Wizzed Off! - (Android) (iOS)
God of Thunder - (Android) (iOS)
Extreme Lawn Mowing - (Android) (iOS)

And you can get Fluffy Knuckleduster merchandise at our new store!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-16 20:05:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-16 20:05:45