Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / I now there a movefore and moveback commandos, but how is it sideways???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 10th Oct 2017 19:04
I now there a movefore and moveback commandos, but I wonder if there are some move sideways commando? Can You use strafeleft and right?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 00:49
Mr Love
Quote: "f there are some move sideways commando? Can You use strafeleft and right?"

I just love it when you say "commando", I think it's awesome
Anyway, the answer is Yes! You should have the Syntax list,
look for the "commands".... " choosestrafe" - This randomly sets the entity to strafe left or right
and also "strafe=x" - This makes the character move in a direction defined by X, where X
is the rotation angle of the character. X = -360 to 360
A positive number make it move to the right, and a negative moves it to the left.
Use together with an animation so the character doesn't just "move/slide" left or right.
Example...

If you use "strafe=-90" make it move in the opposite direction.
Hope that helps you understand
Note: remember to keep scripts questions in the script forum next time
best
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 03:01
Thanks for the lesson, but in this case it was a container crane that needs to move, not a Character LOL!!! Is it possible to move objects to a firm spot, I think X,Y,Z angles??
Mriganka
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 06:41
make the container dynamic and attach the script (I forgot which one) and put in some way points, and the container will move along it.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2017 17:03 Edited at: 11th Oct 2017 17:04
Good idea Mriganka! Thanks... (I think You mean the follow script)
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 02:26 Edited at: 13th Oct 2017 02:27
You may need to add an invisible segment below the container, as follow doesn't' normally work without a floor. That could throw your lighting out of wack, but you can try and see how it looks.

Content and tools for games
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2017 09:14
I didnt work WITH a floor.. The container jumped like a crazy bull!! Nothing works....
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 13:40
Mr Love What I would do, if the situation is right, is to combine the upper & lower
sections into one model group ( if possible) set it "immobile" and run the animation.
I don't know if that would work for you, but it's a possibility.
Does the player need to "walk over" the containers, or is it just for show?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 20:10
Its not possible in FPSC to create sutch a big object with animation without problems. Trust Me I have tried it all!

-Save upper railing and container together cause huge collision problems. (Cant move beside the container or under the railing)
-Save upper railing and container apart cause collision problems. (The boundingbox are moved around 3 yards/meters, and there are no collision where it shourld be.)
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 20:23
Mr Love I have created animated object over 10-layers high ( working crane) but yes, they are just for show.
I make them with no collision, but they animate just fine.
Quote: "(Cant move beside the container or under the railing)"

That can be a problem with collision. Have you tried other "collision" settings
besides 1 or 2 ? There are several you can try, here is an old list I have just for
this purpose....

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2017 23:33
Well. Im fine, I have moved on to the underwater-rooms. I use Tax78 oxygen system and its real buggy. I will add a helprequest to the scriptforum....
sman512
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Oct 2017 06:34
This script move object by x,y,z axis using buttons. The disadvantage is that the object passes through other objects and obstacles.
GS
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Oct 2017 23:54 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2017 00:00
Good work sman512! Even though I wourld only send the cargo container in on direction, and use two "buttons" from a crane control room. The most important with the hole thing was that the container wourld cover the manhole, where the diving-misson begins...
By the way thanks for that 4GB patch, My lightmapping consumes 3566MB!!! So You dont know any Guy with a 6GB patch???
Thanks for Your help!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 20:07:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 20:07:50