Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / HTML5 support

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello

I recently exported my game as HTML5 as it would be great to get it working in a web browser. I know that not all commands will function in HTML: I noticed screen offset (setviewoffset) didn't work, but also that keyboard input (getrawkeystate) didn't work either, which renders my keyboard based game unworkable. Is there a way to get keyboard input working in the HTML? Or screen offset? Is there information about what works and what doesn't somewhere?

Many thanks.
James
PartTimeCoder
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2017 15:18
Both SetViewOffset and GetRawKeyState should be working in HTML5, as far as I am aware only some the networking and HTTP commands will fail in HTML5.
niansenx
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks. I worked it out, silly really. I was detecting the device it was being played on to determine how the game worked. I needed to add html5 to my list. Now it works

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:36:09
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:36:09