Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [WIP] Retro Gamer Virtual Machine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 10:38
Hello

I'm would like to show you a software i'm developping. It's a simple retro game's maker & player. No source code needed. Just put your media inside the good folders, and after, edit (or create) configuration files.
Notice that you can't do all kind of games, it's only for retro games. There is no physics, no 3D, and i think i'll not add particles. But the advantage is you have not to program.
When this program will be done, i will program a simple UI to import media easily, to configure your games, and to test them by running the player.
'Retro Gamer Virtual Machine' accept multiples games in the same folder, and looks like a strange emulator for old computers.

You can take a look at it in this video. They are still some bugs, some stuffs not done, and i make four games together to test the the virtual machine player.

A screenshot of the folder of a game :

And inside one of those files :
Don't let the world decrease your conatus
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 19:45
An exceptional concept. How long have you been working on it; and when do you think it will be ready?
XANAX 2B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Oct 2017 21:11 Edited at: 30th Nov 2017 15:06
Hello Chris Tate,

I started the project the 15 November 2016. This project has been stopped during six month, but i've restarted it since one month.
I think there is not a lot of work if i have enougth time and energy. May be one month to finish the player ? And i have to create a VB project as UI for it.
That can be done quicly.

EDIT:
I'm working on a lot of projects, but i don't forget this one. This is a screenshot of the editor i'm making for it :
Don't let the world decrease your conatus

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 07:24:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 07:24:36