Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Information required about FPSC graphics!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi FPSC Souls!
I've been working upon an FPS project for several months using FPSC. Now, it's in the endmost stages near completion.
So I am seeking answers for a bundle of these questions:

> 1st query First of all, placing Wolf's Guide to Light-mapping and such other elderly tutorials aside, I wish to have a complete guide for getting the topmost and unbeatable graphics in latest FPSC structure, keeping v1.20 beta19 and Black Icemod v9.1 in view. Making it simple, how can I get the best final result of my game levels with highest graphics?

> 2nd query Secondly, will there be any difference in output (final built game), if an FPSC level is built on 2 different systems having lower and higher graphic cards, under same optimum FPSC properties and settings?

> 3rd query For getting perfect output, what should be the resolution of the images being used for, such as in-game huds, game menus, buttons etc.?

> 4th query Anyone with the list of best shader effects available so far, for the latest versions of FPSC?

> 5th query As asked in the second question, if having a high-end graphic card will produce better output under same highest FPSC properties and settings, which graphic card will provide best final result of the FPS levels in highest FPSC settings? (As I'm going to buy a new graphic card) Apart from that, if my present system can do well in producing best graphics output, so what change should be made in FPSC properties for getting better result?

However, these are my present system specs:
Intel Core2 Duo
3.00 GHz processor
4.00 GB RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 64-bit
NVIDIA GeForce 210 1GB

FPSC v1.20 beta19 & Black Icemod v9.1

Ignore my English please. Moreover, this is my first post after years. So kindly ignore any mistakes.

Gratitude & thanks in advance!!

FPSC Classic Models and Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Is there anyone present on the forum here?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Nov 2017 00:24
Hi FPSC Classic
Quote: "Is there anyone present on the forum here?"

There's still a few left here, Not many though I'll try and answer some of your Q's.
#1: If your video card can handle it, boost your lightmapquality & textures up in the setup.ini.
That alone will give your graphics a big boost. But, a hit on resources & performance.

#2: It should not be any different ( final build ) on two different systems with the same output settings.
As long as the lower quality card can still function & run fpsc ok, then your builds should be the same (should be)...

#3: You mentioned your using Black Ice mod, Version 7.0 & up uses HD resolution (1280x720)
So keep your huds about that size ???
Your in-game images & entity textures can vary on size depending on how much quality you want
( but again with a hit on resources ) 512 is good for buttons, menu..ect 1024 is good for textures, but 2048 is high end
for a nice crisp look.

Question #4 & #5 All I can say is Black Ice mod has some really good shaders ready to use for both segments & entities.
Uzi Idiot also put some nice pbr shaders together with great effects.
https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/214817?page=10
I believe they are parts of Black Ice now ???
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for the reply Ncmako!
However, everything seems good now but I am getting puzzled about resolution settings. My final built game looks GREAT at 1024*768 and higher resolutions, but at higher resolutions than 1024*768, huds and game menu get pixelated. They look fine at 1024*768 but below or higher than that, huds of all resolutions become pixelated. I searched all the forums about this but couldn't find any answers. What's the solution to this that at every resolution higher than 1024*768, huds should look perfectly fine.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 12th Nov 2017 19:08
Because the Backdrops is native 1024x768, so simple is that... But You can make Your own sizes ofcourse...
Years of Service
User Offline
Backdrops got fixed for any resolutions higher than 1024x786 but buttons and other in game huds (health etc.), they still appear pixelated. For example, if we use 1600x1200 resolution for built game and huds are made with higher sizes accordingly, they will still appear pixelated. Is there a way to fix that?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Nov 2017 15:45
Quote: " they will still appear pixelated. Is there a way to fix that?"

No.. By the way, if the text and backdrop looks are so important to You, I dont understand why You dont make Your own? Its lack of fantasy to use to mutch stockmedia...
Years of Service
User Offline
Mr Love!
Obviously, I am talking about my own made graphics. The problem is that, which resolution should be given to those graphics. It's quite simple, whichever media you use, either stock or own, it's basic problem relates to resolution.
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2017 10:32 Edited at: 14th Nov 2017 10:42
@ FPSC Classic I wonder if the GUIx9 menu might resolve this problem ? This issue has come up several times now.
I haven't tried different resolution's in a build except for the standard 1024x786 & BlackIce-1280x720
I'll stretch it to 1600x1200 with GUIx9 and see what happens in a quick build ?

Edit: I just remembered, there are a couple aspectratio settings in the setup.ini.
Check those two settings and see if they are interfering in any way ?
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2017 17:17
Quote: "The problem is that, which resolution should be given to those graphics."

Ok. If You want to be completely sure make Your backgrounds in REAL HD 1920x1080! But its quite a waste of memory... 1600x1200 You say, thats a 4:3 resolution used by very few nowdays... I wourld recommend that You make Your backdrops in 1280x720 or 1366x768.
Its also a question of colors. If You use a photography in the background You courld use 800x600 and still look great. Black or white text dont look good in lower resolutions...

Years of Service
User Offline
So I got it fixed anyhow. What I did is that I changed the resolution of the built game to 5000x3200 in the Game Debug settings. Made a hud of the same resolution and edited the hud-appear settings as 800x600. Now it looks completely clear, but as my native resolution is 1600x900, I don't know how will it look on 1920x1080. So what should be the deductions from this experiment then? Will it look clearer on 1920x1080 too? What will be the final results if a person less than this resolution and higher than this resolution, play this built game on their screens. Will their screen resolutions again make the huds pixelated? or the built game under these FIXED settings, will remain unchanged on their screens?
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 22:19
FPSC Classic Wow, that's some hud size (5000x3200) but hey, if it works...great
I tried a build using the GUIx9 hud & menu system. It didn't work very well with different
size menu huds.
Do people still use 800x600 ???
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2017 22:58
In My opinion You shourld put Your energy in gamemaking, and make the huds when Your game is done... Can We see some screenshots from Your game?

Years of Service
User Offline
@ncmako yes most of the fpsc developers use 800x600 for huds. But it's a huge error that such a large resolution i.e. 5000x3200, give fine results. However, I'm going to make huds in 800x600 resolution too

@Mr_Love Sure but it's not completed yet. Will, surely, be posting the screenshots in the concluding stages

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2018-10-20 00:50:05
Your offset time is: 2018-10-20 00:50:05