Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Anyone with more info. on coding with Visual editor ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have watched the Visual editor video, however it's unclear to me how , once you have created static sprites and have embedded code in AppGameKit, that you use this code to then animate the sprites. The official video stops short on how to do anything but position static sprites.

Anyone got some example code or point me to a video / tutorial on how to use Visual editor more fully ?
LillyByte
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought the Visual Editor, I think it's only real usefulness right now is building a GUI with sprites and that's about it.

I think it's the only AppGameKit DLC I half-regret buying-- it's incredibly unpolished for its price. However, I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt at the moment and hoping it's going to be-- more-- than what it is.

I love AppGameKit and most of the DLCs I have bought, but when it comes to the Visual Editor, it was an incredible disappointment, I expected more. Especially given AppGameKit itself.
~~ LillyByte ~~
http://www.dymoria.com
spaceName
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Nov 2017 06:01 Edited at: 27th Nov 2017 06:02
There was already a free "visual placement editor" in AGK2's installer. ..So this price, and its' current state ... are a bit of a WTH...

I only bought it because I found an ad with 40% off that stacks on the current Black Friday Deal...
Anyhow... if you buy ASAP(during Black Friday Sale time)... it's about $17-18 using this code: GFSVE40

I hope they'll speed up on this.. as I could have built this current version using a 3rd party toolset, in about two days..or less maybe.
****I understand WIP tools, but this isn't even an Alpha IMHO. **** 'their pricing it like it's feature complete and useful. :/
Zef
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2017 04:32
There must be plans to enable access for tier2 using c++.
When do you think that might happen?
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Dec 2017 06:56 Edited at: 31st Dec 2017 06:57
Quote: "There was already a free "visual placement editor" in AGK2's installer."

On this subject, Baxlash had also developed a pretty phenomenal 2D editor for AppGameKit last year and released an alpha to the community. It has features not yet found in the Visual Editor including 2D lighting effects, particles, shaders and more advanced physics.

https://forum.thegamecreators.com/thread/218337

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 14:00:08
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 14:00:08