Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Thank you, Thank you, Thank you TGC.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2017 06:19 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2017 06:23
This is a thank you note to the TGC for implementing the Shadows into the engine itself. I know that there have been people complaining of the quality and that there have been shaders that folks have worked on, however in my case, wiring shaders isn't the most favorite or comprehended skill. So the fact that TGC took the time to implement it really threw me off, made me dust off the ol' App Game Kit and re-open one of my projects I worked on.

The shadows look fantastic, Better than anything I would have coded if I even managed ti wrap my head around the concept. I primarily work in Game Maker Studio (now upgraded to 2) but Even before the built in shadows, AppGameKit was already much more preferable when it came to 3D games. But now with the arrival of shadows, the games that I initially planned to make in GMS, now lean considerable more in the redirection of AGK.

I'm not sure what you guys plan for it in the future but heck. If we would ,at some point see things like Ambient Occlusion, Camera Focal Blur and features alike (things you'd normally see in engines like UE, Unity and Cryengine) built in rather than relying the users to create their own shaders, you'd really steal the hearts of many game developers.

So thank you.
Eisenstadt Studio: Eisenstadtstudio.com
Composers Page: Milesthatch.net

Attachments

Login to view attachments
janbo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2017 14:35 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2017 14:40
Yeah I think they try to listen to the community.

Quote: "Ambient Occlusion, Camera Focal Blur and features alike"

Did you saw the AppGameKit-ShaderPack ?
Cybermind
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2017 17:10
Yeah, TGC software and support is really great! I mainly use AGK2 now, and with the addition of Raspberry Pi support, that's just amazing! I will at some point make some smaller games for RPI and release them for free
13/0

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 17:54:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 17:54:59