Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay I usually use .wmv videos and use them in the language bank folder to sript my splash screens, but recently I've made my own deveolper logo in blender, and blender only makes .avi videos. but heres my question, in FPSC, im using the black ice mod to compile my standalone exe's, and when I use my video, rename it to splash.avi in the root folder of my game, and I launch it, the video plays in windowed mode, along with a white screen in the background? is this because of black ice mod, or can I change something in life usersettings or?... please help!
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
but mostly the reason I ask this is because when I sued a different software to convert it to a different video format it down grades the quality. BUT! I just now that what if I use VLC media player to convert it becauseI was using roxio video editor. Maybe VLC will give me better results and quality. I'll keep this thread posted if it doesn't work or if it does.
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2017 11:35
Stealth Sin That is strange, I use Black Ice and haven't had any problems similar to this.
Even if I use a resolution of 640x480 they stretch to fit fine. What are you using (resolution wise)
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
tbh i have no idea, do I check this in settings.ini?
Anthony Gonzales
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
btw Ncmako, I'm uploading the new demo Slenderman's Past. In theMap Hospital, in the opening sequence, I've included your name! btw by any chance do you have a copy of the "Spray paint" model that I may use?
Anthony Gonzales
ncmako
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2017 01:04 Edited at: 24th Nov 2017 01:06
Stealth Sin Thanks I wrap up the Spray Paint weapon this weekend and upload.
Quote: "i have no idea, do I check this in settings.ini?"

As for your video problem I don't think there's anything in the setup.ini to change
As far as checking your vidoe's resolution size, just right click on the video file itself
and check out it's properties/details...somewhere there it will state is size (frame width & frame height )

Edit: I just want to make sure...it's named "splash.avi" correct? And you have it in your Main directory
where the game.exe is, right ???
My games never have bugs. They just develop random features..
Lots and lots of random features...
Stealth Sin
Years of Service
User Offline
that is correct, I'll check my video's resolution size in properties.
Quote: " I wrap up the Spray Paint Weapon This Weekend and upload "
Thats great! I can't wait to use it, and credit your name, did you try out the offical Slenderman's past demo I have released on the threat Slenderman script update?
Anthony Gonzales

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 01:17:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 01:17:40