Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / [Feature Request] Trigger consumable in-app purchases made with a promo code (Android)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2017 15:37
I created some promo codes via the Google Play Console, some consumable and non-consumable ones and the only ones the app registers are the non-consumable ones. i.e. the remove ad type in-app purchases.

I applied the promo codes via the Play Store on the device which shows an alert to say what the promo is for, shows the cost i.e. free and the app that it will be applied too. But for consumable ones like a free key it doesn't register in the app when I open it. The removal of ads one does though.

I'm guessing it's not something I've missed in my code (Tier 1) but if I do need to add an extra bit of code to the app for this to work then please let me know

Thanks
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2017 17:09
Do you think this would work for consumable in-apps purchased with a promo code via the Play Store app on the device?

Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2017 22:44
I've just tested this and it doesn't work.

TGC can you please look to see if it's possible to activate in app purchases with a redeem code typed in the Google Play store? It might be something that works already but needs to be programmed a particular way when the AppGameKit app gains focus.

As mentioned above permanent in app purchases with a redeem code work fine so ad removal type ones work, it's the consumable ones that aren't working i.e. crystals, keys, and coins etc.

The in app purchases themselves work in the app when purchased in the app and the promo codes work in the store as it shows what the code is for but once you type it in and Google gives you the option to open the app, the app opens but the consumable in app isn't triggered/registered by the AppGameKit app.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2017 09:09
I opened my app this morning and saw that I had two keys showing so the promo codes must be working, just an awful long delay before it registers. I don't know if it's because I've put in the code in a GetResumed block that it's working so will probably have to leave it in now
JohnnyMeek
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2017 13:49
I've given codes to users in the past for consumables and it worked fine.
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2017 16:00
@JohnnyMeek, Android, iOS or both? I tried a 3rd one again today and it hasn't registered in the app. All a bit weird. Do I need to add specific code for it to check if there's any consumables in queue on the users account?
Kevin Cross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2017 19:49 Edited at: 29th Nov 2017 19:53
EDIT: Thought I finally had it working but everytime I open the app the consumable increases. I'm done!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:11:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:11:04