Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers AppGameKit Corner / I just got Volume 2 tutorial guide for AGK2 , but where can I find this resources:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2017 21:15 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2017 21:21
In Chapter 1, it directs me to download sprite 'oval.png' from the resources , please see attached snap-shot

I looked in the DLC and could not find it there. Where can I find it, anyone please.. Here is what I am supposed to do:

(from page 6)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Activity 1.1
Start a new project called TweenSprite and implement the code given above.

****Remember to copy the file oval.png from AGK2_2/Resources/Ch01 to the
project’s media folder.****

Run the program and observe the effect (notice how the sprite movement starts
slowly and ends slowly.
The value returned by GetFrameTime() is approximately 0.016. In the call to
UpdateTweenSprite() , change the last parameter to
a) 0.16 b) 0.008

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Men_of_Fun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2017 22:06 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2017 22:28
Oh wow, I am so glad, I found it here - (link)

http://www.digital-skills.co.uk/index.html

(left side of page)

Too bad they don't specify in the PDF book where to download it, (it is a zip folder) entitled 'agk2_2.zip' ... Think how many people will never find out. Jeez ! not good.

Oh well, I'm glad I didn't give up until I found it, and others will find out here on this post. So I am glad I will help others with the same question.
Alistair
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2017 06:00
Perhaps you missed the page at the start of the book that says (in very large letters)

DOWNLOAD

The resources required by the activities in this book can be downloaded from
www.digital-skills.co.uk

spaceName
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi guys, no offense, but the link should be provided externally from the book. Example: in the downloads panel: ..mayyyyyybe *GIVE THE LINK THERE!!* !!? hehe .. srsly.

Here's why: When I get a book/pdf, I skip to sections I need, and I NEVER need the first couple/few pages. .. so if there's going to be a "download from here" page... it needs to be listed in the chapters/ and/or /indexing. Otherwise, it's basically expecting everyone to read the person's mind.

Example:
I bought the volume 1 book..and I read that the first half of the book isn't what I'll be seeking... so I'll skip right to page 500. .. and then I'll also wonder..where the heck are the downloads ?

....'That is, ..once I get the book, since I selected "Download" type in the store, but the system gave me a "Steam Key" that I can't use as I bought my AGK2 license from AppGameKit site, directly. (I'm waiting on Rick/Anyone to fix this for me). ■ I made sure the buy-type was set to "download" yet I was given a "Steam Key" .. Hmmm...lol...who's mind was I supposed to read to know that I needed to click an unlabelled 'save selection' button ?? (a button that I have never seen in 20+ years of developing web and games and various all sorts of things..etc.) ?? LOL...there's literally an unlabelled unspecified-use save button.. I thought it was a decoration!!!!

@Men_of_Fun: I hope they stop requiring this mind-reading stuff(aka, put info in standard places). ..if you read through the internet about AGK2, thousands of others think the same as you and I. #EnigmaTown

Happy Holidays/Time of Year Etc.
- E

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:28:39
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:28:39