Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Question about UV's in .obj files

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2017 00:47
Why would an .obj file need two separate entries in the texture table (vt) with exactly the same co-ordinates?
Just trying to understand how it works
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2017 01:12
I'm guessing the obj format is fairly generic and basic.
I've been messing with vertex colour recently and though obj would be handy for editing the info by hand, but AppGameKit doesn't like loading obj vertex colours

Pity, as the obj file format is at least text, so we can mess with it.
MikeMax
AGK Academic Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2017 09:57 Edited at: 6th Dec 2017 09:59
Specifically in Obj files, appgamekit (and only it) can accept 2 sets of UV in same vt line. 1st UV coords for texture 0; and second UV coords for texture 1 (lightmaps). 3D example "Metro theater" use this specific implementation of obj files for appgamekit. (I have a specific Obj export plugin for Ultimate Unwrap3D which supports it if the model/scene your convert has lightmaps .. thanks to the Unwrap3D author which has done it for me !).

But now i use my own B3D Loader which convert to OBJ for appgamekit with lightmaps support.
blink0k
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2017 18:38
I have just spent some time going back and forth with the UU guy. He is a lot of help! The support is fantastic!
My obj file doesn't contain multiple textures though

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 05:43:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 05:43:30